Made my first set of mufflers!!!

4.6pimp

Established Member
Well I finally decided to pull the trigger and make my own set of bullet style mufflers for the hell of it, Overall they turned out pretty good. I talked a friend with a 08 gt into letting me try them on his car. It was LOUD but had a great tone under wide open throttle... I didn't get a chance to get a video but I already have a idea for my next set to quiet them down. Will get a video of the next ones.... P.S. don't hate on the turn downs!!! lol..
IMG_20130618_1604061_zpsab7ae40b.jpg

IMG_20130618_1604171_zps3f7e5e71.jpg

IMG_20130621_1421591_zps2519c016.jpg

IMG_20130621_1422201_zps8d83d79a.jpg

20130619_1741561_zps36ac74f6.jpg

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Lol i just cant read "thats dumb, you could have spent your time better" and take it seriously when we're all on a forum to begin with. But i do agree with you to a certain degree. However sometimes your just feeling it and you just gotta do it. I'm sure whoever started Borla or Magnaflow started by fabbing up an exhaust in their driveway with next to no design or exhaust know-how (not saying OP doesnt).

In for vid

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I've always wanted to design my own muffler. Something with a spring loaded valve inside and a bypass.

Last edited:

Attaus

Established Member
Now you've proven you can do it, go back and work on the welding a little and grind them smooth when you're done.

And post a vid.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
If you wanted to practice fabrication then you could have made something more useful like a strut brace.

If you want to make mufflers it takes a lot more then fabricating a cylinder and stuffing it. Even if the muffler you made sounded amazing it would be strictly by chance because you have done zero design work, a muffler you buy has been made to sound a certain way while yours is just a stab in the dark.

Don't get me wrong I do not think anything is wrong with your fabricating, I just think making mufflers is dumb when you can make things that are legitimately useful.

So. ****ing. What?

He wants to build a muffler, he builds a muffler. He didn't want to make a ****ing strut brace, if he wanted to make a strut brace he would've made a strut brace.
Jesus christ how can you have so much sand in your vagina?

Great stuff OP!
But I'm with the others, get us a video! Quickly! :)

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
He can build whatever he wants, I can have whatever opinion on it I want.

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
At least you have a fitting title. :nonono:

Good work OP!

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I want to hear them. I bet they sound similar to magnpacks or lm2's.

4.6pimp

Established Member
I know everyone wants to hear them so I might see if we can put them back on his mustang this week. I will be making another set this week and should sound a little better and a little quieter. The ones in the picture would sound way better with some tail pipes then dumps. thanks for all the comments!!

Mobil1Mach

Established Member
Isn't there an entire industry built around producing exhaust components for performance (and non-performance) cars?

Is the entire industry dumb?

In for exhaust sound clips. The fabrication looks good!

Users who are viewing this thread