Madden 2013

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I woke up this morning and my wonderful girlfriend had placed a copy of this by the coffee pot for me as a surprise. I have not got to play it yet but I hope to tonight after work. Anyone have it yet? How is it? Is the new engine all it is cracked up to be?

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I'll be getting it next week. Post a review when you play it please, I didn't get last years because it was basically just updated rosters.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
I want to buy this game pretty bad, I've heard some good reviews and the new infinity system or whatever. Haven't bought Madden for the past couple of years because its boring and everything is the game. Anyone played it yet?

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Got a chance to play last night. The connected carreer thing is pretty cool. I started a coaching career and played the first few season games on all pro with the patriots. My 3rd game against the ravens I had 668 yards passing 7 tds and 375 of them where too brandon Lloyd. I then ventured into the online head to head world and played manning and the broncos and won 49-14. Which is big considering my record online in madden 12 was 27-49.

The engine is cool you can actually lead your receivers much better than in the past versions and the safteyz and line backers don't teleport 15 yards to pick you off anymore or jump15 feet in the air. The audibles with the kinect seem sluggish but I am used to using the buttons so no big deal. It is definatley an improvement over last years I am looking forward to playing again tonight.

LUBaseball2

Established Member
Got a chance to play last night. The connected carreer thing is pretty cool. I started a coaching career and played the first few season games on all pro with the patriots. My 3rd game against the ravens I had 668 yards passing 7 tds and 375 of them where too brandon Lloyd. I then ventured into the online head to head world and played manning and the broncos and won 49-14. Which is big considering my record online in madden 12 was 27-49.

The engine is cool you can actually lead your receivers much better than in the past versions and the safteyz and line backers don't teleport 15 yards to pick you off anymore or jump15 feet in the air. The audibles with the kinect seem sluggish but I am used to using the buttons so no big deal. It is definatley an improvement over last years I am looking forward to playing again tonight.

I'm 1-2 right now online. I played this morning with the eagles threw 7 picks to his 1 and lost 38-35 this game is dumb as shit. They linebacker may not be michael jordan anymore but they still jump the shit out of all my routes. I'd say 3-4 were legit but the other ones were straight BS.

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
I may have to give 13 a try, after 09 it just became boring with nothing new. The reviews that 2013 is getting are great and the whole system has been re-done. Interested...

Ford1288

Established Member
I'm digging 13 alot so far. All I play is online so that's all I can comment on.

Online play is still a little frustrating. I really wish they added a way to view your own profile, instead of comparing your stats to a friend.

The leading your receiver works awesome. Something that is a little annoying is that you can trip over your own guys leg or fall down from running into you own guy. Kinda cool, kinds annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoBlue4.6

Established Member
Watch out, there is no fantasy draft in this years game, which I am quite disappointed in.

As for the gameplay itself, it is much improved with the new engine and all the small details they are finally correcting after years of failing to do so. Easier to lead the receiver, the ball trajectory is more true to life, the linebackers no longer have superhuman abilities at times, graphics are improved.

I enjoy playing Ultimate Team. It takes some time to get into, but there is a lot of fun stuff to do within. And it is the closest thing you can get to doing a fantasy draft in '13. Overall, it is pretty good. But I will still be playing Madden '12 from time to time so I can continue to fantasy draft.

Jaysin

Established Member
Bought it yesterday and am still unsure how I feel about it. I like the gameplay and improved presentation. Not so happy about the lack of a basic franchise mode. I'm not into the whole "HOF Career" type stuff. I just like picking a team, trading around, and playing through the season. Oh well, still pretty fun. I'm glad they changed the physics to where guys aren't jumping 10 ft in the air and swatting down a pass, but I still think some of the stuff on here is just cheap. Cornerbacks and Safeties seem to have remarkable speed to be able to run a good 10 yds to my WIDE OPEN receiver and intercept the pass. Had that happen FOUR times in a practice game, so annoying.

ViciousJay

Established Member
ordered it off toys r us for 45 shipped, ill be getting it in the next day or too! any PS3'ers wanna do a connect careers

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I woke up this morning and my wonderful girlfriend had placed a copy of this by the coffee pot for me as a surprise. I have not got to play it yet but I hope to tonight after work. Anyone have it yet? How is it? Is the new engine all it is cracked up to be?

That type of woman is a keeper.

I still have to go pick mine up, between school and work I do not have enough hours.

Planter

Banned
im sick of Madden. same old same old every year. a few bonus features, maybe a couple things new, relatively the same though. the super bowl post-game celebration is pathetic. and i've gotten exhausted hearing Collinsworthless comment, it's bad enough I have to hear him during the regular season as it is.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Bought it yesterday and am still unsure how I feel about it. I like the gameplay and improved presentation. Not so happy about the lack of a basic franchise mode. I'm not into the whole "HOF Career" type stuff. I just like picking a team, trading around, and playing through the season. Oh well, still pretty fun. I'm glad they changed the physics to where guys aren't jumping 10 ft in the air and swatting down a pass, but I still think some of the stuff on here is just cheap. Cornerbacks and Safeties seem to have remarkable speed to be able to run a good 10 yds to my WIDE OPEN receiver and intercept the pass. Had that happen FOUR times in a practice game, so annoying.

So there isn't a basic franchise mode where i can win 15 straight SB's with the Lions? It's only the career mode now?

ordered it off toys r us for 45 shipped, ill be getting it in the next day or too! any PS3'ers wanna do a connect careers

How'd you do this? A guy is supposed to get me a copy for half price but if he can't I'd pay $45 for it.

Jaysin

Established Member
So there isn't a basic franchise mode where i can win 15 straight SB's with the Lions? It's only the career mode now?

Yes, you just have to pick a Coach in the Connected careers. It's set-up a little different and there is no more fantasy draft. I'm just not use to new menus and what not, I just liked the simplicity of 12, I don't care for "earning xp" like it's an rpg game or something. The core of the game is still the same more or less.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
i think im done with madden honestly. year after year is "much better" and still sucks.

madden 12 wore me out with the stupid defense that could intercept a pass into the stands.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Yes, you just have to pick a Coach in the Connected careers. It's set-up a little different and there is no more fantasy draft. I'm just not use to new menus and what not, I just liked the simplicity of 12, I don't care for "earning xp" like it's an rpg game or something. The core of the game is still the same more or less.

So your telling me I should return it when it gets here and keep 12 with my pre arranged imported drafts, sliders and etc

Users who are viewing this thread