mach1 chin on a 99-01 front

o0rikio0o

Established Member
i know this has been asked about many times before, but the search function is down and i cant do much about it...

but my question is how did you guys mount a mach1 chin spoiler on your bumpers? mine is brand new and apparently the GT bumper and our bumpers have different curves to it. if i put the chin spoiler flush against the edge of the bumper, it appears to "wing" out near the foglights. how did you guys remedy this problem?

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
mrbean.gif

Last edited:

tistan

Established Member
If you look closely at the pic, it looks like he added a small piece to extend the end of the chin spoiler.

CobraKalas

Established Member
When you start to install the chin spoiler, start in the middle of the bumper (upside down) and work your way out on both sides, the chin will then contour to wear you place it as your drilling holes and adding hardware. however if when you start in the middle and the front of the bumper is where the lip is, you will have at least a 1" gap on both ends unless you add pieces to it.

blacksnake305

Established Member
He used two spoilers. There's a thread on here somewhere about it.

Correct. And if you throw a little armor all on it, you almost cannot tell no matter how hard you look. That was just a quick pic and nothing was applied. I'm a mild perfectionist and I've been happy w/ it. I've seen some pretty 'hack' jobs out there. In those cases, I say why bother...

tistan

Established Member
Correct. And if you throw a little armor all on it, you almost cannot tell no matter how hard you look. That was just a quick pic and nothing was applied. I'm a mild perfectionist and I've been happy w/ it. I've seen some pretty 'hack' jobs out there. In those cases, I say why bother...

Do you have anymore pics of your chin spoiler?

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
There was a small gap even when I had my chin spoiler on my GT. I dont mind it cause I think it looks great on my 01' IMO... Not really feelin birdmans tho yuck...

FR500spic2.gif

P6170015.gif

Summershot5.gif

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
Feeling it now AH?

much betta....

Idk why in the hell anyone would put it so its even with the sides by the wheels but have that huge gap all the way around the front making it sit back behind the front of the chin of the front bumper :bash:

totheduals

Established Member
Its suppose to sit back a little.
At least thats how the Mach's came from the factory.
Yes I know its not a Mach, but thats how they came! So if your going to copy it you might as well do it the same.

Users who are viewing this thread