Mach Daddy on the Dyno

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member

Well, I went by DreamChasers Racing today to watch some dynos and they had an opening for 4:30 so I took it.

Those people at DreamChasers are very, very friendly and helpful.

The AutoDyn Rep. did two pulls with my car. The results showed the car needs to be tuned. My best pull was 323 rwhp (DynoJet corrected).

They said they thought my car should pull 350 rwhp easily after the tune. I'll get it tuned next month when they get their software in. :)

319-sm.jpg

323-sm.jpg

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member
MachWon320 said:
you got 323rwhp with ported heads, cams, and full exhaust?

Yes. The guys at the shop said I should get over 350 rwhp after the tune. Does that sound o.k. ??? :shrug:

experiment626

ALL MOTOR CARS RULE
Established Member
how much did it cost

Mach Daddy said:

I also have SHM Stage 1 cams too.

Your Mach1 sounds pretty mean got an 04 myself bone stock looking to beef it up. how much did you spend on parts.I can do the work myself. So i"ll save on labor. Just need to buy parts. Got any info on any go deals on parts let me know hope to see more post on your car and other improvenments you plan on making. :burnout:

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member
experiment626 said:
Your Mach1 sounds pretty mean got an 04 myself bone stock looking to beef it up. how much did you spend on parts.I can do the work myself. So i"ll save on labor. Just need to buy parts. Got any info on any go deals on parts let me know hope to see more post on your car and other improvenments you plan on making. :burnout:

Hey, thanks. :)

Cost ??? How much do you want to spend ???

I haven't put a blower on my car because of the cost. A complete ProCharger set-up installed and tuned would be about $6,200.00. That's too steep for me to put in with one blow to the wallet.

The SHM Stage 1 cams were $600.00 ... $900.00 up front and a $300.00 refund when you send in the old cams.

The Bassani exhaust came from Bassani. I just ordered them off their web site. The DMH electric cutouts were about $375.00. I don't remember the exact cost of the Spec Stage III clutch and billet flywheel ... but they weren't terribly high. The 3-piece Weld Alumastar 2.0 racing wheels were a little pricey but they are ultra light, the skinnies are nothing special and I got the MT ET Street Radials from Discount Tire.

I've spent a good chunk of money on the car but I've done it a piece at a time.

Next, I'm planning on adjustable drag struts, upper and lower control arms, and full-length subframe connectors. Later on ... maybe a 100 shot of Nitrous.

Who knows ... maybe a KB or ProCharger ... someday. :)

experiment626

ALL MOTOR CARS RULE
Established Member
got cash

Thanks for the reply I got money to spend around what you were talking. Did you have to change valve springs or did you use the stock ones. You mention milling the heads and bigger cams did you have any piston to valve clearence. And I know it gets expensive Iam in the middle of building a 83gt all motor race car its going to run 10s on motor. I allready got 7k in the shortblock. But i just started messing with these 4valve freaks so there new to me. :)

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member
experiment626 said:
Thanks for the reply I got money to spend around what you were talking. Did you have to change valve springs or did you use the stock ones. You mention milling the heads and bigger cams did you have any piston to valve clearence. And I know it gets expensive Iam in the middle of building a 83gt all motor race car its going to run 10s on motor. I allready got 7k in the shortblock. But i just started messing with these 4valve freaks so there new to me. :)

The stock valve springs worked fine so I didn't have to replace them. While the machinist had the heads, he installed the cams and did a triple-angle valve job. The milling was minimal (I don't remember exactly how much they took off) so I didn't have any clearance issues.

I am new to this too. My Mach 1 is first hot rod I've ever owned. At 48-years-old, I was a cool rookie at the drag strip last May. I have learned a lot ... but, obviously, I have a lot more to learn.

Thanks, and good luck. :)

experiment626

ALL MOTOR CARS RULE
Established Member
cool

cool Ill post some info on my mach when I get some mods. But my 83gt will be up and running this spring and ill post a video and info on that to also. This is captian kirk over and out. :coolman:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
That graph sure does look funny to me for some reason.. It seems like your hp pulls pretty good up top, but the numbers seem pretty low for ported heads and cams.. My bone stock motor, with just a spacer, JLT RAI, Full exhaust, and tune put down 325rwhp and 340rwtq.. And that was though a built drivetrain and rearend with 4.10 rears and M/T Dragradials..

Here is what my dyno graph looks like..
Dynoresize.jpg

Last edited:

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member

I'll post the graphs as soon as I get it tuned, hopefully early next month. There are a couple of dips in the hp curve that correspond to dips in the a/f curve.

The tune should lean it out and set the timing ... a little higher octane fuel will probably help too.

The setup is new SuperFlow dyno and the guy running it was a SuperFlow tech ... the numbers are what they are. :shrug:

BTW, dan03Mach ... I'm assuming your car is tuned ??? Your graph looks great. Your car looks pretty sweet too. :burnout:

03 mach1

Established Member
was your torque really 308....? untuned with a bone stock car i had 301....tuned i have 336 rwtq and 309 rwhp....even untuned that doesnt seem gd hopefully u will get a large gain with ur tune.......quick question maybe someone could answer.....main reason ive never considerd cams were the seriously low tq numbers........why does everyone put down really low numbers with cams for tq?

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Mach Daddy: your sig says you have an 03 cobra intake. How's that, they are supercharged?

Also, you should be putting out way more than 350 cause stock cammed Machs w/minimal head and intake work are getting 360 or more.

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
Those are good numbers for being untuned. Id be happy with them. And guys, remember dynos are like timeslips. There are WAY to many variables to compare one dyno chart that was run in Cali to another one in Jersey or Florida. You just cant do it. :thumbsup:

experiment626

ALL MOTOR CARS RULE
Established Member

MustangFreak

Established Member
I think your car is running pig rich based on the A/F ratio line........

Get that in the upper 12's and you'll pick up a ton of power!

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member
MustangFreak said:
I think your car is running pig rich based on the A/F ratio line........

Get that in the upper 12's and you'll pick up a ton of power!

You are correct on all counts. Should get the car tuned sometime in the next two weeks. I'll post the graphs as soon as she's done. :)

Just a note ... I have my shift light set at 6,500 and the car reached peak power output just before the shift. That may change after the tune, though. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread