Mach 1000

Streetpwr281

Established Member
Just make an extra pound of boost and keep the Shaker 1000. You'll want a few extra lbs over the rear axle once you add a twin screw and experience the resulting torque curve! Talk about traction limited...

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
3920 lbs
-70lbs of stereo
= 3850 pounds Gt500.

3850 is only a handful (185) more than a 3665 lb terminater.
Actually not that bad considering the Giganto leadweight Engine.

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
the one thing i've never understood is the gripe people make about the shaker 1000 unit...?

i mean, i wanted to see what it was "capable" of... in terms of being annoying. (meaning like annoying like the little hood rat kids that blast the stereo and the bass is stupid loud next to them in traffic)

so i burned a couple old school bass songs (late 80's, early 90's)... miami bass stuff i think... dunno... but songs that have heavy bass ranges all over the place from highs to way low...

and let me tell you, the stereo was enough (not even cranked all the way up) to rattle the mirrors in my truck when parked next to my car!

Streetpwr281

Established Member
My car weighs 3735lbs including the Shaker 1000. I do have BMR tubular k-member/a-arms but also added the heavy Whipple 3.4. Only other weight reducers are CCW 18" wheels, Steeda billet LCA's, and Steeda panhard.

Fourcam330

Established Member
3920 lbs
-70lbs of stereo
= 3850 pounds Gt500.

3850 is only a handful (185) more than a 3665 lb terminater.
Actually not that bad considering the Giganto leadweight Engine.

Finally...He gets it. :beer:

Enjoy the GT500.

Fourcam330

Established Member
the one thing i've never understood is the gripe people make about the shaker 1000 unit...?

i mean, i wanted to see what it was "capable" of... in terms of being annoying. (meaning like annoying like the little hood rat kids that blast the stereo and the bass is stupid loud next to them in traffic)

so i burned a couple old school bass songs (late 80's, early 90's)... miami bass stuff i think... dunno... but songs that have heavy bass ranges all over the place from highs to way low...

and let me tell you, the stereo was enough (not even cranked all the way up) to rattle the mirrors in my truck when parked next to my car!

I about shit myself when Gussin turned his S1000 on for me. I've never heard a factory stereo with that much bass--to top it off the bass was turned all the way down. Pretty sick IMO.

primetime

Established Member
I about shit myself when Gussin turned his S1000 on for me. I've never heard a factory stereo with that much bass--to top it off the bass was turned all the way down. Pretty sick IMO.

Andy,

Next time we see each other at the track if I have my S, I will play my system for you. 2000 watts, MB quartz speakers, JL Audio and Alpine amps, custom box in the trunk,etc. I'm not a big stero guy but it came in the car when I bought it. Cost the previous owner over 8K, as he gave me all the reciepts.

Always fun when some kids pull up next to me and you hear them blarring their distorted ass shit. I crank it about half way and get the WTF look from them, it's classic. Have a good one bud.

Purvis, Congrats! later Ron

Fourcam330

Established Member
Andy,

Next time we see each other at the track if I have my S, I will play my system for you. 2000 watts, MB quartz speakers, JL Audio and Alpine amps, custom box in the trunk,etc. I'm not a big stero guy but it came in the car when I bought it. Cost the previous owner over 8K, as he gave me all the reciepts.

Always fun when some kids pull up next to me and you hear them blarring their distorted ass shit. I crank it about half way and get the WTF look from them, it's classic. Have a good one bud.

Purvis, Congrats! later Ron

LOL Jesus Ron that sounds like a killer setup. Definitely going to take you up on that! Take Care.

Users who are viewing this thread