Mach 1000

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
We all know how this option drags the already heavy GT500 down another 70 or so odd pounds. Im currently in the market for a GT500 and a few of the cars that I have been offered have this option. I have been trying to avoid the Mach 1000 option.:shrug:

However, If worse came to worse and I ended up with a car with the 1000 system, Im curious what it takes to remove it. And once its removed, will the stereo still work?

Last edited:

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
I'm no stereophile, but I believe you simply disconnect it and unbolt it. Stereo should work fine, you'll just have less "thump". It's something I'm considering. Not for the weight savings, but for the additional room in the trunk. I think the trunk carpeting is cut out under the sub and will look ugly without a liner of some kind. Would love to hear from someone who's removed it.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
I think the trunk carpeting is cut out under the sub and will look ugly without a liner of some kind. Would love to hear from someone who's removed it.

Ugh. :shrug:Was not aware of that. Thanks.:beer:

ff500

Established Member
Just buy a set of Shelby matching floor mats and trunk mat and your problem is solved. There is a GO with black stripes on ebay for 46800 with no Nav no Shaker 1000. I'll try to post the link.
Don

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NO-R...oryZ6236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I saw that car it's also listed with a contact # at the teamshelby site (formerly stangsunleashed). I like that color combo and would consider selling my 07 red with satin silver striping.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Just buy a set of Shelby matching floor mats and trunk mat and your problem is solved. There is a GO with black stripes on ebay for 46800 with no Nav no Shaker 1000. I'll try to post the link.
Don

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NO-R...oryZ6236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That is the exact same car I ordered in Dec. '07 except full stripe delete since I'm having the 725hp Super Snake package done to it. The MSRP for that car with those options is $45,390. The current bid is $1,410 over sticker. ;-)

69b302

Established Member
Removing the sub and amps from the trunk will save you 50 lbs(I weighed mine, so there still must be 20lb of stuff in the dash or 70lb is not right). It will further throw the car balance out, if you are into turns. It is very easy to remove, but the carpet is cut as other have pointed out. On the stereo there is an option to turn off the sub.

Last edited:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
I found one without the shaker 1000. :beer:

Hopefully this deal does not fall through.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
The 70# figure was derived from other posts I have seen on here concerning the Mach 1000. I have never weighed one myself.

50# is still alot of stereo though!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
The 70# figure was derived from other posts I have seen on here concerning the Mach 1000. I have never weighed one myself.

50# is still alot of stereo though!

I like a nice stereo and the Shaker 500 is a pretty damn nice unit! It's not "rip your face off good" but it's a nice stereo! :idea:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
The Shaker 500 is the standard radio. :read:

LOL, Thanks.;-)

I was a little confused.
The Shaker 500 is an option on lesser Mustangs. It includes AM/FM stereo w/indash CDx6 MP3 and 8 speakers.

So its cool to hear this comes standard in the GT500.
Its ridiculous the GT500 is not on Ford's web site. You can't mess with the options.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Good luck with the deal Purvis. I hope it works out for you.
Don

Thanks man. I put a deposit down on one today. :beer:
Dont hold your breath, but I think one is finnally coming down the pipeline for me.

Users who are viewing this thread