Mach 1000 Build

Blownsob

Blown Member
Established Member
Well I am currently building a Mach 1. I have big plans for it and this is a small view of how it has progressed so far....

When I bought the car...
Platform.jpg

Here is when I started pulling the axle and everything to do the rear suspension and built axle...
Rearendbuild4.jpg

Rearendbuild.jpg

Stockrearend.jpg

Here is the rearend with Eaton Tru-Trac, 31 spline axles, and TA diff cover.
FinishedRearend.jpg

Here is the axle installed in the car with fenderwells painted and with the upper control arms, lower control arms, and coilovers with QA1 12 way shocks..
Finishedfenderwell.jpg

And then here it is with the new Race Star wheels. 17x4.5 up front and 15x8 out back. Also had maximum motorsports full length subframe connectors welded in.
Machafterrearendbuild.jpg

Other mods currently on the car are K and N drop in filter, Steeda Tri-ax shifter, off-road x-pipe, flowmaster 40 series (soon to be replaced by bassani) and a custom tune with my xcal livewire.

Next for the car will be a full tubular front suspension and built auto.

Also I will be replacing the hood and front bumper because someone backed into my car today and ran off.

Hope you all enjoy!!!

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
good luck with the build. i plan to rebuild my whole drive terrain once i get a daily. keep us posted

Blownsob

Blown Member
Established Member
Cleveland TN, is exactly where this car came from actually..

I ran it the other night for the very first time with all the new goodies....

I launched at 3k rpm and it just bogged like crazy so I just ran a 13.3 at 103 or 104.

Didn't get to run it again because everyone else kept breaking crap and spilling oil on the track so in 5 hours I got to make 1 pass.

Next time I am launching it at 5k rpm and we will see if it will leave without bogging.

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
I love OW Mach 1's, Sweet car. Put on a 99-01 Cobra front bumper if you have to replace that, those look great on Mach's.

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
I love OW Mach 1's, Sweet car. Put on a 99-01 Cobra front bumper if you have to replace that, those look great on Mach's.

Blownsob

Blown Member
Established Member
Luckily I don't think that the bumper will have to be replaced.. Hood definitely will though.

I am going to have the stripe painted on the hood though and have them fill the holes in the front bumper from the tag mount.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
looks great bud! Did you sell the cobra? I've got mine tuned up and running strong. Hopefully this spring I'll make it over to TRP for some TNT and we can meet up.

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member

I launched at 3k rpm and it just bogged like crazy so I just ran a 13.3 at 103 or 104.

Didn't get to run it again because everyone else kept breaking crap and spilling oil on the track so in 5 hours I got to make 1 pass.

Next time I am launching it at 5k rpm and we will see if it will leave without bogging.

not sure about with stock gears but i had to launch at 5500 at least to keep from bogging with my 4.10s back when i had the drag wheels just an FYI

jarryd2018

Established Member
What are the plans for the engine? That's a nice beefy rear end, I'd like to have that in my possession right now.

03MACHONE

Established Member

I thought that looked like my old car lol. Looking good so far man good luck with it!

Users who are viewing this thread