Mach 1 vs ZX10r

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
I disagree. I race bikes more then I do cars. My car makes 625hp and will destroy 600s walk 750s and put a car or two on almost every 1000 that has minor bolt ons. Its all how the car is set up. All my friends ride and so do I. We all have been to the track tons of times and they all know how to ride really well and I still smoke them and everyone else. So I believe this story. Congrats on the kill.

*** but if it was a 2013 zx10r I think he didn't know how to ride cause those bikes are insane off the factory floor

And you found the cure for aids too right? Take your stories to a forum full of idiots because story time doesn't get you far around here

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
How much does your car weigh? I don't care how it's setup, a stockish weight 03/04 blown T56 Cobra making a legit 625 rwhp (SAE Dynojet numbers) is going to get murdered 10 ways to Sunday by a well-ridden, bolt-on 1000.

Unless your car is somehow magic and running mid-9's or quicker at close to 150 mph. I've run enough 600 rwhp Cobras on my bone stock 600 to know that unless we're talking a super lightweight car and/or strong turbo automatic setup, or maybe dyno numbers from a VERY low-reading dyno, there's no way a 625 rwhp Cobra is gonna be anywhere near a bolt-on liter bike if the rider has a clue.

What type of dyno are your numbers from and what's the correction factor? What are your track numbers?

Also keep in mind, a "well setup" car to you may not be what 95% of the Cobra owners out there have in mind for their street cars, the same way 95% of the riders out there don't have a clue about how to get the most out of their bikes.

A well ridden key word WELL RIDEN aka light jockey air shifted 1000 will take me not by much but yes it will. But about 98% of the time my car cleans house.

I have raced completely modded 600-750s and they don't stand a chance.

Most people cannot ride for shit anyways. My cobra weighs 3200 and hooks on ice. I'm not some punk ass kid blowing smoke up ur ass I have built and raced mod motor cars and bikes for 10 years

16kOrBust

Established Member
A well ridden key word WELL RIDEN aka light jockey air shifted 1000 will take me not by much but yes it will. But about 98% of the time my car cleans house.

I have raced completely modded 600-750s and they don't stand a chance.

Most people cannot ride for shit anyways. My cobra weighs 3200 and hooks on ice. I'm not some punk ass kid blowing smoke up ur ass I have built and raced mod motor cars and bikes for 10 years

You proved my point. At 3200 pounds, fully built, and hooking "on ice", your car is quite an exception to the 600 hp street car Cobras typically discussed in this section. "Properly setup" to you is not a typical street car setup.

And again, what are your track times? Post some timeslips.

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
From what years do these bikes run that you raced OP? Some Older 2000's are a lot slower than newer ones, some by a second or more in the 1320.
And some makes are slower than others as well. I'm sure most of the riders posting here would agree on that at least.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
From what years do these bikes run that you raced OP? Some Older 2000's are a lot slower than newer ones, some by a second or more in the 1320.
And some makes are slower than others as well. I'm sure most of the riders posting here would agree on that at least.

Absolutely, the difference between a 2012 600 and a 2003 is incredible. Your talking about 105 wheel hp vs 115 or more. Ten hp on a 350lb bike is a big deal.

Mike50

Established Member
Absolutely, the difference between a 2012 600 and a 2003 is incredible. Your talking about 105 wheel hp vs 115 or more. Ten hp on a 350lb bike is a big deal.
My 2011 5.0 is at 576 RWHP, and I was able to stay right with a 2000 CBR929RR. We ran two times from a highway roll. The first time I walked him because he obviously wasn't expecting to have to work hard. The second time he took me more seriously but couldn't pull from me. I was surprised as hell because I really thought I would get walked hard. We were side by side from 60 MPH on up.

I actually owned a 929 at one time (and a 954), so I know what they are like. From what I hear, today's 600's are about equal to the older 900-series CBR's. I have been out of the crotch rocket scene for several years now. The last one I rode was a 2007 R6, and it felt pretty damned strong compared to the older 600's I had ridden back in the day.

I can see a 600+ WHP Mustang taking a newer 600, but definitely not a 1000. It looks like they are all capable of running 9's now, which is insane speed for the money.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Yeah the 929s and even 954s are dogs compared to todays bikes, crazy considering they were the bench mark for liter bikes. Todays 1000s are definitely capable of 9 second passes and trapping over 150 in the quarter. But some people can shake them with a 6xx hp mustang.....

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member

I drive a track weight 01 with drag suspension not some slow ass KB terminator bud

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
This was Saturday on 18s lifting the tire 6". Waiting for video cause track photographer didn't get the wheel off pic. But yes clearly u see the car working on 18's with a Toyo r888 imagine what it does on my drag wheel set up ;-)

180e9e2e-6ba0-9a9d.jpg

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
I ride a bad ass full bolt on 05 1000 that with me at 210lbs will not go past 9.80s @ 14*.

Idk where ur getting that bolt on liter bikes go low 9s with any good rider. Unless the dude is pro and weighs 100 pounds ur dreaming

Do u even own a bike? 1quick10th

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
I do, 05 zx10r, and I've owned plenty others. A "light rider" is NOT 190-230, 190 is heavier than average and 230 is a fat guy. Ive seen a normal advanced 150lb rider at test and tune night, not a pro rider, go 9.5 on a BONE STOCK 06 R1. You must be blind because you didn't lift shit in that photo... You show me a Vid of your car going 9.70 @ 140+ and ill believe you beat 1000s. Until then your just another dreamer. I'm sure your car is quick but plenty of cars can transfer weight like that photo on r888s. Your not showing me anything special or anything that makes me believe you out run "air shifted liter bikes with a light weight rider"..

Last edited:

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Instead of arguing why don't you put up or shut up? Show us footage of a good rider on an 05+ liter bike losing to your 6xx whp car. End of story, prove it or shut up.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
I do, 05 zx10r, and I've owned plenty others. A "light rider" is NOT 190-230, 190 is heavier than average and 230 is a fat guy. Ive seen a normal advanced 150lb rider at test and tune night, not a pro rider, go 9.5 on a BONE STOCK 06 R1. You must be blind because you didn't lift shit in that photo... You show me a Vid of your car going 9.70 @ 140+ and ill believe you beat 1000s. Until then your just another dreamer. I'm sure your car is quick but plenty of cars can transfer weight like that photo on r888s. Your not showing me anything special or anything that makes me believe you out run "air shifted liter bikes with a light weight rider"..

U CANNOT F'N READ FOR SHIT! LOL

I said a liter bike, light rider 100-150lbs COULD BEAT ME! Not by a lot but yes they will put a couple cars on me. I go to the 2 wheel speed events all the time and there are VERY FEW liter bike riders that go 9.70s or faster with bolt ons only.

My car last year was a low 10 second car on a slick and trapped low to mid 130s. I havent even tried it this year with a slick. That was with 572hp. So idk if the bikes I race cant ride for shit or what but I'm saying just like the OP of this thread. A win is a win.. My buddies bolt on R1 I beat went 9.95-10.40s ET all day stock wheel base just lowered with all the bolt ons and a ECU reflash and he has been riding his whole life. You must just know some very light EXCELLENT riders is all im saying. Cause by me all the T&T bikes at the track (liter bikes) barely get in the 9's. Almost all of them I seen go 10's. 2 new stretched zx10s were going 10.60s on saturday all day one kid went 10.30... So what I see and what I race must be way different from what you see.

Will a 9.70 pass beat me? YES!. Not by much at all. Guess you'll just have to sit tight and wait for vids. I 'll get some footage soon to prove my point. ;-)

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
Instead of arguing why don't you put up or shut up? Show us footage of a good rider on an 05+ liter bike losing to your 6xx whp car. End of story, prove it or shut up.

by the way when I shut that big ass mouth of yours i dont wanna hear any of your BS ever again :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread