Mach 1 subframe connectors on a Cobra??

svt2003cobra

Banned
I have a friend with a 04 Mach 1, i was looking under it and saw that it had subframe connectors. I asked him where he got them and he said they came factory on the car, I was wondering if they would fit a Cobra? The reason is that they are bolt on and i would like to have a set but i dont want to weld on the vehicle.

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
Don't even waste your time with them. They are tin cans at best. They come stock on verts. I yanked mine off and put on the MM full-length subs within miles of buying my 03 vert.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Right. All verts have them. My 2001 had them too. But mine give me a stiff enough ride as they are. Flash...did you notice a big difference with the different bars? If so, where was the difference?

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
THE FLASH said:
Don't even waste your time with them. They are tin cans at best. They come stock on verts.
:lol: Like he said. Check out Hans Racecraft subframe connectors. Best on the market. Well worth the money spent for weld on to stiffen up the chassis. If you put the car up on a post lift you'll see the flex in the chassis by the change in the gap at the doors!! Best mod for a vert IMO. :burnout:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Can you safely use the full length connectors as jacking points or would you also have to go with, say, Kenny Brown jacking rails? Just curious.

SOLISIMO

Signal 12
Established Member
There is a gruop buy on the hans at modularfords.com for a great price, picked up a set and the rear shock tower bar.

BLUBYU2

Established Member
I put the kenny brown subs on mine within 1000 miles of owning the car. Didn't really notice a difference in handeling since it is an IRS car but my brother who had a GT and now a Mach the difference was night and day. Just a precautionary measure with the power these things put down. Dont waste your time with the bolt ons. Weld'em in otherwise it really isnt a part of the car. :thumbsup:

WDW MKR

Established Member
I have a hardtop, but noticed the difference as soon as I pulled out of the muffler shop that installed my MM FLSC!

Users who are viewing this thread