Mach 1 & 03/04 Cobra, Interchangable parts?

WhiteSaleen248

Established Member
What parts exactly are interchangeable? I am looking to get a 03 Mach, 03/04 Cobra block and begin to build it up. I want to strip it and change internals (lower compression ratio for FI) , different heads and things of that sort. Sorry for such a newb question.

Thanks in advance
-Oriel

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Why ditch the aluminum for the cast iron?

Everything is interchangable. Hence MODular Motors. The 03/04 heads are some of the best flowing and cheapest heads out there.

Just buy a good block aluminum is good or if you really want the cast iron and then get a cobra crank, Good rods (manley or something) and some really good pistons (Diamond if you've got the cash).

Go from here let it marinate for awhile: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181225

WhiteSaleen248

Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
Why ditch the aluminum for the cast iron?

Everything is interchangable. Hence MODular Motors. The 03/04 heads are some of the best flowing and cheapest heads out there.

Just buy a good block aluminum is good or if you really want the cast iron and then get a cobra crank, Good rods (manley or something) and some really good pistons (Diamond if you've got the cash).

Go from here let it marinate for awhile: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181225

The mach is an aluminum block. This will be a 500rwhp daily driver (goal). Not going to be more then that, so I should be safe with any DOHC block. Thanks for the link.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
a couple more tid bits...
1. 03/04 Cobra... and 03/04 Mach have identical heads and cams(run whatcha got!!)
2. If you bought a stick Mach ... you have a forged Cobra crank(autos have cast)
3. the aluminum Mach block is fine... the Cobra block is iron...it is stronger but at that level you don't need it.
4. You will need better pistons and rods than the stock Mach has...

5.You will need an excellent tune!!!

6. the brakes on the Mach are the same as the Cobra...(no need to upgrade here)
7. The fuel delivery is better on the Cobra... different tank w/ twin pumps...

I'm sure between that kick a$$ link and other suggestions others will have... you will be a couple clicks closer to having a good plan for a durable engine.
:thumbsup:

Do the LDC left head cooling mod while it is apart
Get real gauges..

Last edited:

WhiteSaleen248

Established Member
Thanks Jimmy, your info helped! I have a great tuner thats worked on many turbo'd, blown, stroked, you name it he has done it. On another note, I have a 310LPH Focus Fuel Pump and 38 or 42, 2003 Cobra injectors on my car currently. Are the Mach's the same as these?

Users who are viewing this thread