MACA work on my car day???

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
So... I have been wanting to get more involved in MACA and I figure the best way is over working on a car (mine) and food!

What I would like to do is swap a blower (I am having my spare blower w/ 2.76 painted) and change the plugs... but since I am not mechanically inclined or have a shop/garage do to this in I turn to you guys.

What I would like to offer.... if someone can do this for me....at their place.... I will sport for all the food and drink (even beer).

There are a couple other little things I want to do too that I would like to get done that day too... but they are small compared to the 2 things I listed above.

What do you guys think???? :bowdown:

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
Chris, I'd be happy to let your use my garage, but I have my POS in there right now all torn apart. We might be able to do it in the one car side of my garage, but I've never done a blower swap before.

So you're swapping a stock blower for a stock blower? If that's the case, how hard can it be?

My mancave garage is equipped with HD Plasma, dart board, Foosball table, mini fridge and a sofa with recliners. :rockon:

When are you trying to do this?

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
Pretty soon.... I would like to get this done before Carlisle (June)

Yeah... it is just stock blower for stock.

If we don't have to lift the car... and don't need super special tools... we can do it at my house. But I am open for everything.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
My mancave garage is equipped with HD Plasma, dart board, Foosball table, mini fridge and a sofa with recliners. :rockon:

How can you get any work done with all that stuff in there?

Chris my garage is small and I have done a blower swap before (cough) when I cracked the intercooler (cough). So I would be happy to help. But the garage really isn't suited for a party!! 3-4 people and you are triping over each other. Is your car pretty low? If so it might not even go in the garage?

I think more than likely I will probably try to get over to Tim's and help him get going on his whip as well.

And thing is I have a 5.0 sitting outside that needs a trans, you can't hurt that thing so maybe you can work on that haha.

Keep me posted.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
FWIW I only have a basic set of tools and was able to swap my blower on my back porch. No garage was needed, just a nice day!

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I'll offer up my garage and tools. PLenty of space and tools you need. Pick a Saturday and we can knock it out and head up to Hooters afterwards.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
How can you get any work done with all that stuff in there?

Chris my garage is small and I have done a blower swap before (cough) when I cracked the intercooler (cough). So I would be happy to help. But the garage really isn't suited for a party!! 3-4 people and you are triping over each other. Is your car pretty low? If so it might not even go in the garage?

I think more than likely I will probably try to get over to Tim's and help him get going on his whip as well.

And thing is I have a 5.0 sitting outside that needs a trans, you can't hurt that thing so maybe you can work on that haha.

Keep me posted.

Their is enough room in my garage. I don't know when the last time you saw it was, but I took 1/3 of the two car side and made it the entertainment section, next to that currently is the turd up on jack stands (if I can find the help, motor should be out Saturday), and then I have the single car on the other side. I have some workout equipment I push to the back when I have a car in there. It would be kinda tight, but very do able. If it's a nice day we could always only pull the front end in the garage for more space.

The only trouble I see is getting his car onto my street (over the curb). The guy that had the Viper in my hood just uses a few 2x4's for clearance.

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
I have 2x6's at the end of my driveway..... only way I get in without scraping and still scrap sometimes.

I am up for anywhere... as long as you guys know I am not a mechanic so I am relying on you guys. I will fetch you beers and stay the hell out of the way.

We just need to figure out a day.

Blower swap (Stock painted black one for stock blower)
Change plugs (What are the best plugs for the car?)
Over all sprucing / tune up kind of stuff (What else should I get to tune it up?)
Autometer A/F gauge (blinking same number = error)
Install MM Strut tower brace

Side note... if I go from a 2.93 to a 2.76 pulley (blower on there now is a 2.93 and the swap is a 2.76) will I have to get it re-tuned? I figure yes... but if I have the Diablo... is it as easy as changing the size pulley in the hand held?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Who is your tuner? I'm sure Jon Lund could easily email you a good tune for that pulley. Not sure if he does Diablo or not, but I'm guessing he does.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
I have 2x6's at the end of my driveway..... only way I get in without scraping and still scrap sometimes.

I am up for anywhere... as long as you guys know I am not a mechanic so I am relying on you guys. I will fetch you beers and stay the hell out of the way.

We just need to figure out a day.

Blower swap (Stock painted black one for stock blower)
Change plugs (What are the best plugs for the car?)
Over all sprucing / tune up kind of stuff (What else should I get to tune it up?)
Autometer A/F gauge (blinking same number = error)
Install MM Strut tower brace

Side note... if I go from a 2.93 to a 2.76 pulley (blower on there now is a 2.93 and the swap is a 2.76) will I have to get it re-tuned? I figure yes... but if I have the Diablo... is it as easy as changing the size pulley in the hand held?

If it were my car I'd defiantly get a re-tune when switching pulleys. Other than plugs (I think NGK is what most use), I'd do an oil change Car and Blower and fuel filter (not fun with an IRS).

convert03cobra

Established Member
I know this one guy who can do the whole thing for you cheap...They call him BILLY (wiseguy)!!!!! He works at a garage and is awesome when it comes to working on cars, especially mustangs. He will even let you work on your car with him and he will answer any questions you have. Just click on the link in my signature for more info.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This guy Billy he speaks of is very good with our cars, but I am not sure how well he works if NOT on the phone.:shrug:

So be prepared to call him and chat while he is working, you can get your questions answered that way too. :lol::lol:

Ken

:beer::beer:

Wiseguy

Established Member
....looks like one less call back I have to make Now!!!! Thanks; your freeing up more time on the phone. Should I add a smiley? Boy!

Last edited:

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
....looks like one less call back I have to make Now!!!! Thanks; your freeing up more time on the phone. Should I add a smiley? Boy!

You calling ME boy?

I have a Yard full of Dick, a bucket full of balls, and enough hair on my ASS to weave an Indian blanket.... who you calling BOY:shrug:

Ken

:beer::beer:

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
Ok.... so here is what is going on:

While at MIR the other day.... I destroyed my clutch so I need to replace that. 04yellowcobra and TGS2 have volunteered to come up and help me do it in my garage. I am actually excited to see all of this get done in my garage... my wife says that the garage is too pretty to mess up :)

Looking at the Spec Stage 3+.... what do you guys think? I am not a mechanic... or a racers... so it is all Greek to me.

Recommendations (I want to order this tonight)

Along with that... I am in talks with Stiegmeier to do a Stage 5+ port for the Blower, TB and PL with a 2.7 pulley.

I know I will have to get it tuned but... will it be safe to drive it the 30 miles from my house to Dillsburg to get it tuned.... or can a new tune be rewritten with the Diablo to get me to Dillsburg.... then dyno tune? Again I am not a mechanic... so my stupidity may be showing.

If all goes well - ish I would like to try to do all of this at the same time so I can get the car up pretty quick.

Anyway.... toss out opinions!

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Are you planning to replace the flywheel while you are at it? I love my Spec 3. It chattered for about 1500 miles, common for them, but now is perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread