MACA Spring ATV Trip April 3-4, 2010

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
MACA Spring ATV Trip May 1-2, 2010

This is the official thread for the Spring MACA ATV trip. The trip will be May 1st and 2nd at the Mountain Ridge Trails Resort, Mountain Ridge ATV Trails, located in Central City, PA. The hotel accomodations will be at Indian Lake Resort, Indian Lake Resort, located accross the street from Mountain Ridge. I will look into getting a group discount at both places. If anyone doesn't want to stay at the hotel and would prefer camping, there are full camping facilities at Mountain Ridge.
Please post if you are interested in going.

Attending List:
Rawsn8k
1BadAzzGT
Snakesvt04
convert03cobra
wheelhopper
ScottinSSMD
01SVTSnake (pending purchase of ATV)
N2DAMYSTIC
Cobra330
NeverFastEngh
Finaltheorem47

Last edited:

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
sounds good to me. i dont care where i stay either hotel or camping. only concern in a hotel is everything safe from being stolen. which in camping we can sit around a fire and maybe get our drink on if they allow that and we can hang out at night and b.s

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Damn, wish I could bring the Jeep and show you guys a thing or two lol.

Anyone got a spare quad?

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
sounds good to me. i dont care where i stay either hotel or camping. only concern in a hotel is everything safe from being stolen. which in camping we can sit around a fire and maybe get our drink on if they allow that and we can hang out at night and b.s

I've stayed at the hotel many times and have never had a problem with theft. I always run a cryptonite cable and lock thru my quads and to the trailer just to safe.

Damn, wish I could bring the Jeep and show you guys a thing or two lol.

Anyone got a spare quad?

Dale,
As the time gets closer, we might be able to find you one to ride.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
As of now I have a shotgun seat available in mine. Otherwise, I will probably be the mule for the trip and carry gear if I am the only SBS.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Wouldn't mind just riding shotgun so I don't have to worry about damaging someone else's quad.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Reading up on mods for my Razor. Apparently I have a clutch spacer from the factory that limits my speed to 55mph. A 20 min. removal process and I will be seeing 65-70!!!! Holy Schnikes!!!! I want to race!!

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Eh, your gonna have to mark me out on this one. I was hoping for a little later in the Spring as I will still not have medical approval to go riding. Hopefully I can get out there, but as of right now at that point im not counting on it. :(

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Reading up on mods for my Razor. Apparently I have a clutch spacer from the factory that limits my speed to 55mph. A 20 min. removal process and I will be seeing 65-70!!!! Holy Schnikes!!!! I want to race!!

Scott,
I did that for a friend that has one. It does make a difference.

wheelhopper

Established Member
That would be pretty impressive Scott. My King Quad 700 maxed out at 64mph on the speedo with K&N filter and slip on muffler. I would like to get programmer on it, but they were pricey last looked.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
That would be pretty impressive Scott. My King Quad 700 maxed out at 64mph on the speedo with K&N filter and slip on muffler. I would like to get programmer on it, but they were pricey last looked.

Doug, you still running stock pullies?
And I'm sure we can fit your Alcons off your '03 on it. :rockon:

Sounds like a fun trip, guys.
Take pics!

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
okay...I won't have a quad by then..at least I don't think so. Well unless I hit the lottery..and I do play. So I would need to borrow, rent or ride shot gun. I am up for it once I see what were looking at cost wise. I want to do ALOT of things this year so, want to plan now. I just found out I won a trip for sales so, I'll be headed to Puerto Rico with my girl on a company paid for trip March 5 through the 8th. THen this this first week of April. I want go to Carlisle this year and Hot Rod weekend at OC...isn't that May and one in September? And I believe a few more things!

So...I assume stay tuned here as more facts become available? Perhaps I will ride up with someone? Are we going to do a caravan from this area?

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member

I have, or should I say had one on my Grizzly 700. The reason that I say had is that I had to take it off recently due to it flooding. I had the EHS box on it but I just purchase a Power Commander III for it. The PCIII is a much better controller since it uses fuel maps that adjusts the fuel based on the Throttle Position and Injector signal that the controller receives. This is the same logic utilized in the Factory ECM on the Bike/Quad. There are other "Fuel Controllers" out there like the EHS, HMF, Doebeck, Dynatek, etc, but they are far inferior. All of those EFI Controllers just guess at how much fuel, if any, that your bike/quad will need based solely on the fuel injector signal and are very inaccurate. When I had the EHS box on, my quad would stall, at times, sputter, and run rich. I called EHS and they told me to make adjustments, which I did, and to keep making them until it ran better. I got it to run the best that I could, but it never ran like it does with the PCIII. In addition to the feel of it, I regularly check the plugs to see how it is running, an A/F gauge is in the works, and it is running much cleaner now that the PCIII is on it. You can pick one up for around $280, for a grizzly anyways, so that's not bad considering how much we spend on our Cobras.

Todd

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
okay...I won't have a quad by then..at least I don't think so. Well unless I hit the lottery..and I do play. So I would need to borrow, rent or ride shot gun. I am up for it once I see what were looking at cost wise. I want to do ALOT of things this year so, want to plan now. I just found out I won a trip for sales so, I'll be headed to Puerto Rico with my girl on a company paid for trip March 5 through the 8th. THen this this first week of April. I want go to Carlisle this year and Hot Rod weekend at OC...isn't that May and one in September? And I believe a few more things!

So...I assume stay tuned here as more facts become available? Perhaps I will ride up with someone? Are we going to do a caravan from this area?

Mike,
My best friend is selling his 07 Camo Grizzly 450. It is stock and runs great. It belongs to his wife but she wants a Grizzly 550 so that she can get power steering like his Grizzly 700. Let me know if you're interested and I'll put you in contact with him.

As the day get closer, we can make arrangements to meet and caravan up. Keep in mind that the date may get pushed back as Moutain Ridge is only about 30 minutes from Sever Springs Ski Resort and gets a lot of snow. They will only open on April 3rd if the weather permits. I will let everyone interested in going now about a week ahead of time if there is going to be a date change.

Todd

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Todd, the PCIII is what I want to get. I had one on my GSXR1000 and it performed great. Last I looked, about 2 years ago, a PCIII for my King Quad was around $400 and I just was not ready to spend the money on it at the time considering I had just bought a...

slip on pipe
K&N filter
Full undercarriage skid plates
Warn front bumper

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Todd, the PCIII is what I want to get. I had one on my GSXR1000 and it performed great. Last I looked, about 2 years ago, a PCIII for my King Quad was around $400 and I just was not ready to spend the money on it at the time considering I had just bought a...

slip on pipe
K&N filter
Full undercarriage skid plates
Warn front bumper

I hear ya. That stuff adds up, especially considering that it's for a quad. I've been piecing things together for my Grizzly ever since I bought it. That makes it less painful....sort of. I also had a PCIII on my GSXR 1000 and I really don't know why I bought the EHS, price I guess. It was $100 cheaper, but now I see why. Btw, I found a PCIII for you quad on Ebay for $295 with free shipping. :poke::rockon:

Are you going to put the slip on pipe on without a controller? Depending on which pipe it is, I wouldn't recommend it. I have the GYTR Grizzly Race pipe and I definately had to have a controller. I did a quick run without it and talk about detonation. Quads come pretty lean from the factory and any messing with the factory setup really leans them out. Anyway, I am looking forward to our trip, it's going to be a blast.

Todd

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
all this moding stuff you can do with these. i just got my winch in and going to install maybe this week. looks pretty easy to install. is this anything you guys recomend? or is pretty straight forward like the directions say

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Carlos, Only thing I want to do is have Dale weld in the winch brackets as they are only mounted at simple points. Not sure how yours is but mine just sits atop the tubing and not bolted to the tubing. Also, the plow mount should also be welded. You'll get to that mod after you get into you new place and wished you had gotten the plow this year, lol.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Mike,
My best friend is selling his 07 Camo Grizzly 450. It is stock and runs great. It belongs to his wife but she wants a Grizzly 550 so that she can get power steering like his Grizzly 700. Let me know if you're interested and I'll put you in contact with him.

As the day get closer, we can make arrangements to meet and caravan up. Keep in mind that the date may get pushed back as Moutain Ridge is only about 30 minutes from Sever Springs Ski Resort and gets a lot of snow. They will only open on April 3rd if the weather permits. I will let everyone interested in going now about a week ahead of time if there is going to be a date change.

Todd

I might be however I would have to do it closer to the time...gotta keep working the other half into getting one..without causing alot of issues. Also...would need to know the asking price..to see if I could swing it. You can PM if you want some info.

Biggest issue is I have no where to store it...LOL! Shelby is in the garage...

Ahh...got it on the timing..cool...later make even make it better for me...

wheelhopper

Established Member
Todd, I have had my pipe on for a couple years now, never a problem. I also have a direct hits ignition amplifier. Maybe that helps. I highly recomend it. It is cheap and I have it on all my quads. I even had it on my GF Explorer. Makes a noticeable improvement in throttle response and low end torque.

I agree with Scott regarding the plow. I bought mine right after that last snow.

Users who are viewing this thread