MACA Help!?!?

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
Well its that time to take the car to emmisions. Just got the notice the other day and have till Jan 15th, 2009 to comply.

Problem is, I have an O/R X-pipe and magnaflow catback, and will probably fail. I do have the MIL eliminators but I'm guessing that doesn't do jack with emmissions.

I sold my stock H Pipe to a friend who is now in Arkansas...so I'm up the creek without a paddle.....

Does anyone have an xtra mid-pipe laying around with cats I could borrow, or rent for a day or two just to take care of this? I could just buy a new one, but thought I would ask my bretheran for a little help. I do not have the nessasary equipment to do the job myself, so I will need to take it to a shop. Just trying to pass the test without it costing an arm and a leg.

Any input is welcome.....

:banana:

~Mason

Evan5469

Established Member
I don't want to give misinformation so hopefully someone will back this up but you should be ok. They only hook a scan tool up to your OBD port under your dash. They won't put it on the rollers like pre 96 cars. As long as you don't have a check engine light or anything of the sort on when you go you should pass.

svtrookie

Established Member
I have my stock H with Cats in my basement if you need it. I have long tubs and an o/r x . .. I need to have mine tested by December 24. haha I will let you know if I fail!

-Tom

32vofFury

WHINE & DINE!
Established Member
I don't want to give misinformation so hopefully someone will back this up but you should be ok. They only hook a scan tool up to your OBD port under your dash. They won't put it on the rollers like pre 96 cars. As long as you don't have a check engine light or anything of the sort on when you go you should pass.

what he said......most of the cars on this forum wouldn't know whether or not they had cats, egr, or anything involving pollution reduction for that matter.

TRBO VNM

it is up to the station. they can do a visual test if they want. most of the time they don't, but we can't speak for them.

others are closer, but if you drive down I have a pipe and lift with the tools.

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member

This is what I thought, but better safe than sorry....what happens if it fails? Fine? Work order?

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
You can have my stock h-pipe, I don't even have a Cobra anymore. It's your's if you want it!

04yellowcobra

Established Member
I have already passed with my car ... no cats at all here. Just as long as the check engine light isn't on you should be fine.

Red Devil

Village Idiot
Established Member
I passed with o/r x and a crappy tune, running rich as hell. Attendant thought it was a turboed dump truck til I pulled in. She put the mirror underneath, rolled her eyes, and waived me over the rollers to the computer. Hooked it up and she passed with flying colors.

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
I'm going to go in the next few days and just see what happens. As long as I don't have to pay a fine, who cares.

If I fail, Zax - i'll take that mid-pipe.

Thanks for your help guys!

~Mason

hook982

Suicide Blonde...
Established Member
Mason,
Take it to the emission station in Forest Hill. Tell them you've had it lowered and don't want it driven through the station. They'll give you a waiver, which costs you nothing....

BlackSunshine13

"The Princess"
Established Member
+1 on what Hook said. Forest Hill will give you a 2 year waiver. They forced mine across when it was stock and scraped the underneath of my car the first time but they wont do it now, they will give you a waiver. If you have a problem I have my stock pipe and I am 15 min from the forest hill station.

spp114

Established Member
FYI - I just went today. Rear O2's are removed and turned off in the tune, passed no problem. They didn't even look under the car, just plugged it in.

Users who are viewing this thread