MACA & Fnsweet at Carlisle June 5-7 2009

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
Carlisle All-Ford Nationals Jun 5 - Jun 7, 2009

Carlisle Events All-Ford Nationals. Experience The Cars. The People. The Excitement.

Just wondering if MACA would like to team up with Fnsweet this year at Carlisle for what I would like to affectionately call a Show/Party at Carlisle this year.

Us Fnsweet'rs got a tent last year and just kind of hung out.... but after watching the guys across from us party their asses off... we not only got a little jealous... we decided we could do that too.

So... this year.... we are going to go all out and once again get a tent.... but not only am I bringing my Cobra... but my truck as well and BBQ with all the fixings for a proper tailgate.

If we get 25 cars or more our tent is free.... there is a next size up tent for more cars too... but don't know what it is... but can find out.

Just checking if people would like to combine some groups.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
i havnt done carlisle, but when the date gets here i will let you know if i'm in...its just a little too early to tell right now.

TRBO VNM

I would love to. my chevy buddy owes me since I went with him to the corvettes thing a few yrs ago. his aunt and uncle live there, so room and board is free. :beer:

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
I know there was a thread in here about the bad treatment some got by the staff last year.... when you have a tent.... things are a bit different and you are allotted spaces. We get there early and police them.

Besides.... this would be kinda cool to win :) Screw the whole car show thing.... let's party.

COOLEST CLUB HANGOUT AWARD
Inaugural award well received . . .

The Coolest Club Hangout Award was so very well received by our participants that the award is now a regular feature during the All-Ford Nationals. There are a number of clubs preparing themselves for the 2009 show trying to unseat our 2008 champion, the Bad Mustangs Club. In order to win the award, a club must decorate their club tent in a manner that makes it “THE PLACE” to hangout for the weekend. Plan your theme and your decorations well because there are a host of clubs vying for the honor. We will be checking out the club tents Friday & early Saturday. The wining club will have their award flying, along with bragging rights at their tent the balance of the weekend. Get set up early and show your stuff!

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
It's to early for me to say I can be there, but it does sound like fun. I could smoke a few pork butts and bring them along. Maybe some ABT's as well.

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
So this would be on Saturday, June 6th? What time would be need to get there to secure the tent and space?

I will secure the space on Friday and mark it off. Friday is always a half full day so there is really no problem finding the place and setting our claim.

It's to early for me to say I can be there, but it does sound like fun. I could smoke a few pork butts and bring them along. Maybe some ABT's as well.

and you know where this will end up.... right :)

will the tent be in a cobra section, or do they just put it in a random spot?

There is no set section.... but I work with them to try to get in an area. Last year it was at the end of the row away from where the center line was - along the fence line at the front of the showplace. It will not be in the "Class area"

This pic give you an idea where we were last year? It is not a given that is where we will be.... but I need to know where to fight to get.

IMG_9294.jpg

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...65-carlisle-all-ford-show-june-6-7-8-a-5.html

IMG_9304.jpg

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
My dad, uncle and I have been to every All Ford Nationals except for the first one!

We go up on Thursday and come back on Saturday evening. I would be up for this!

blownnotcher

MACA Resident MMA Fighter
Established Member
im down, let me know when we need to sign up or give money or whatever, and mybe ill do some buffalo chicken balls and bring em up

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
So.... we have our tent... just wondering if any of you are still up for joining the party.

We have 25 spots open..... and the possibility for many more... I just need the registration numbers of who wants to join us.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Chris I am still thinking about this. Might make the after dig but might roll to Carlisle.

I will keep you posted.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Chris, correct me if I'm wrong, but it should be the same way we used to get the SVTOA head count when we used to have a tent. For those that pre-register, in the on-line registration, they would just put FNSWEET in the car club area. That's how the organizers (I use that word loosely after last year) know how many cars to provide space for. Then you just need to give an approximation of how many will be registering at the gate, but if that number is higher than predicted, you have to squeeze the cars in where you can.

I'll be at Brooks Performance on the Midway again as usual, but will def come down and party. :beer:

Last edited:

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
Organized and organizers are VERY LOOSE terms to use after last year's fiasco at Carlisle.

I wont make a mountain out of a mole hill again, as some of you remember the issues that occurred as a result of the SVTOA and the Carlisle staff screwing things up ROYALLY with the SVT Reunion. It was, for lack of a better term, the biggest cluster f*&k of a show on Saturday that I've ever experienced. I moved my car four times before myself and a few others decided we would start organizing the cars and showfield ourselves!

I hope that you guys can work things out and have a great time this year. I'm no longer a Cobra or Ford owner, as I've bought a home and had to sell my Redfire KB '04. Definitely take it upon yourselves to get things together in May before the show, as the Carlisle staff is not the brightest when it comes to these things. For the amount you pay to get in now, you'd think they would be! :dw:

If I decide to go as a spectator, I will be sure to stop by and check MACA out.
Peace

Venimus03

Established Member
I have always gone up on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.....I think this year we're just gonna head up for the day on Saturday. Any chance the tent will be by other 03/04 Cobra's this year?

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Chris, I found out John Brooks won't have a tent on the midway this year, so I'll be free to park anywhere.

I'll be up there on Fri, Sat and maybe Sun. Is MACA doing anything formal for this?
Should I register with FNSweet to help you get the required number for the tent?

Users who are viewing this thread