MACA camping waverunner trip

convert03cobra

Established Member
Last month a few of us MACA members did an ATV trip and it was a blast. Carlos and I were talking and we wanted to keep the outdoors theme going and thought a camping/waverunner trip would be fun too. I'm thinking the weekend of July 9-11. Anybody interested in this?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Not sure if anything is going on that weekend, but I'm down. Where are we camping at? Gotta get Scott (Rick James) in on this too so we can do some wakeboarding :thumbsup:

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
i'm in ...i was thinking lake Anna. also Scott goes there every weekend from i remember him posting. its a nice spot with camping grounds on the lake and restaurants.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Do they rent waverunners there or something? Or do you guys have waverunners?

I like the idea of this...for sure. I have no waverunner.....all my cash is in the car..LOL! I may get an ATV next year if I can find a place to put it....

I like the idea of this. So leave friday morning? Come back Sunday night?

What is the cost? I am headed to MB for MW July 17 through 25th so, cash is a little tight but, I may consider it. If not this time...maybe one in August or September??

convert03cobra

Established Member
We all have our own waverunners. Talk to Carlos about the rental thing. He goes to the lake often so he would have the scoop. I will leave Friday after work and come back Sunday. I think we are all just gonna tent it. Ride by day, drink by night is my plan. haha

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
Do they rent waverunners there or something? Or do you guys have waverunners?

I like the idea of this...for sure. I have no waverunner.....all my cash is in the car..LOL! I may get an ATV next year if I can find a place to put it....

I like the idea of this. So leave friday morning? Come back Sunday night?

What is the cost? I am headed to MB for MW July 17 through 25th so, cash is a little tight but, I may consider it. If not this time...maybe one in August or September??

i dont think it would be smart to rent ..they charge about 65$ an hour. and we will be out there all day,,add it up.its best to borrow one from friend or buy a cheap one

but they do have jet ski rentals there..riding all day and drinking at night ..

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Hmmm... Can you pitch tents there / Fires? Could possibly do this but it would have to involve the family. Apparently I have used up my man trips till the little one comes.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
LOL Tim, mancations are all used up, eh?

I dunno guys, I may have to take a raincheck on this one. My offroading club is having a long distance trip to Kentucky to do some crazy wheeling July 7-11. If I can scrounge up a trailer, I'll probably go with them because it's rare that we get to go to new wheeling spots.

Soooo anyone have a car trailer I can borrow for the weekend?

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
Hmmm... Can you pitch tents there / Fires? Could possibly do this but it would have to involve the family. Apparently I have used up my man trips till the little one comes.

yes you can. i was there with the family last weekend. had a fire going kids were swimming ..its great out there.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
LOL Tim, mancations are all used up, eh?

Yes unfortunately, she stated so on FB. Not to worry though, somehow I will find a way to pull another off. Once Sept comes I am definately done though.

If this does not go through there will definitely be a party at my house that Saturday, It's my B-day.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
So is this going to be a family thing or just another guys camping weekend? Just trying to get all details so I can figure out what I'm doing. Carlos, what campground do you normally stay at? Do they have a website?

convert03cobra

Established Member
I'm gonna see if my girlfriend wants to go so I don't get the "you never invite me to go anywhere speach". Bring yours Dale so we can ditch them and go riding by ourselves. lol

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
So is this going to be a family thing or just another guys camping weekend? Just trying to get all details so I can figure out what I'm doing. Carlos, what campground do you normally stay at? Do they have a website?

i stayed at Lake Anna Camping Lake Anna Cabin Rentals Central Virginia Campgrounds VA Campsite Cabins

it wasnt that bad there,we could get a spot right in front of the water..it has a little beach area. but we will be riding most of the day so the beach part wouldnt matter. if my wife wants to go i'll bring her down with the kids so it wouldnt feel like a guy weekend.

i can also bring my boat if someone else wants to trailer it or the ski.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Cool. Yeah, I dunno if Winny will want to go or not because she gets tired of riding on the back of the wave runner and wants to drive all the time, and I definitely don't want to ride on the back lol. I need a faster ski too, I'm sick of being whooped by everyone on the water.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Hey guys, don't forget about the ATV trip on July 16-18th at Mtn Ridge. It's the WindDig, formerly known as "Quadfest".

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
That w/e is bad for me, but I would definitely be down if rescheduled. As Carlos said, I am there almost every w/e anyway and I have a 24' Wakeboard boat and 2 Jet-Skis. My good friend owns Dukes Creek Marina, which has a good sized campground right on the lake. Firepits and all...oh and they sell beer. Dale and Winny actually spent a w/e down there with us last year (although we all stayed at my buddies house). Good times.....

The Boat....

The babes...

The Dale...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Ah yes, the neon yellow Tige. That was a good weekend Scott, we gotta get down there again soon. Me and Winny have done some tubing on another friend's boat in the Potomac, but I wanna try wakeboarding again.

I call for a reschedule since there are only 2-3 people going anyways. Maybe the weekend or two after?

wheelhopper

Established Member
I can't make the July weekend, family vacation trip starts on the 10th. I would be down for a future date. I would bring my son, he loves to camp, and I would bring a Seadoo jet boat. The jet skis got sold about 3 years ago, I just did not use them enough.

Users who are viewing this thread