MAC Products NEW STRAIGHT SHOT™ 95mm Mass-Air System

Rwick7

Established Member
I don't recommend any change in the MAF unless you need a UNIVER for big HP tuning. Stick with the stocker

Rwick7

Established Member
UNIVER is the only way to correct that he right way. But for a eaton car I'd still stick with the stocker.

I run the stocker @ 689 rwhp...I will go to a univer in time, but a MAF like that and your tune may not jive if you catch my drift

Rwick7

Established Member
BTW - I'm just stating what I've heard from tuners and my experience...I'm in no way an expert.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
What is a UNIVER? I'm considering a Pro-M 95mm maf to twart my pegging maf problem.

imsuperman

Established Member
Maybe Universal. Wouldn't your car run lean if you are over 5 volts on the stock MAF?

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I will be getting a Pro-M MAF in the near future. Mine is pegged.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
Thats the system I went with, gained 22hp sae on the dyno over my steeda cai. it only replaces the MAF tube, not the censor you keep the stock one.

my tuner had no problems tuning my car with it, didnt even have to do anything special for it.

I will mention that putting it on leaned the car out a bit so fuel had to be added and it needed to be tuned. the net increase was after the tune was done and the a/f was safe again.

Thing looks killer too btw :)

imsuperman

Established Member
Originally posted by BuffDigits
Thats the system I went with, gained 22hp sae on the dyno over my steeda cai. it only replaces the MAF tube, not the censor you keep the stock one.

my tuner had no problems tuning my car with it, didnt even have to do anything special for it.

I will mention that putting it on leaned the car out a bit so fuel had to be added and it needed to be tuned. the net increase was after the tune was done and the a/f was safe again.

Thing looks killer too btw :)

Which system? The MAC or the PRO M?

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
I bought the whole kit, MAC CAI w/95mm MAF. Same as the one in link in beginning of this thread.

imsuperman

Established Member
Originally posted by BuffDigits
I bought the whole kit, MAC CAI w/95mm MAF. Same as the one in link in beginning of this thread.

Is there a cleaning kit for this type of filter? Or do you have to buy a new filter?

Justicem

06/26/02 #1018
Established Member
Hey Buffdigits..... I just put the whole kit in also (Mac 95mm), did you leave the screen out? I didn't see anyway of leaving in that stock screen before the sensor.
JadeAT....everyone is saying that it will lean out the car a little, i'm getting it checked this weekend but i just added a little gas to it on the predator to be safe, 2 clicks left.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
No cleaning kit, I think you can purchase one seperately.

Do NOT leave the screen in, remove it.

Its leaned my car out a lot so you should recheck a/f after installing.

FOURCED

3 honks and I own you
Established Member
I finally got mine dynoed this past weekend with the MAC unit as well. I picked up 24 hp over a WMS 4" velocity tube... which according to WMS' website they gained 22 hp over a stock airbox.

I'll safely say that it's an easy 35 hp gain over the restrictive air box that's on the car from the factory. That of course is me estimating on the "safe" side of things. It could be more.

Shannon

Rogue Cobra

Established Member
I added the MAC Straight shot kit also. I have not had it dyno-ed yet. I am very happy with the results! The whole power band is smoother. It has the seat of the pants feel and now you can hear the blower kicking in.

For me, I'd say it was a great buy.

Rogue Cobra

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
thats probably going to vary from car to car. mine went from 11.5 to high 12's low 13's. yeah made that big a difference over the steeda cai with stock MAF.

but your results could be very different. best to check it out no matter what.

dolby04

Established Member
My Only Mod Thus Far

Guys,

Quick question, I have just recently purchased the MAC Straight Shot CAI system as my first and sole modification thus far. I do not have a Predator Tuner yet, so of course I have not re-tuned the car either. It seems to me a bit more peppy with it over the stock Induction system. But not leaps as you might think 25HP might feel.

Just curiuos if there will be any ill effects without retuning the car as it has been stated about the leaning of the car after this modification?

Thanks all,

dolby04

Users who are viewing this thread