Mac Prochamber Install Question

cammer00gt

Established Member
Ok i have searched and found alot of people are having a hard time with the passenger side bottom manifolds stud/nut which i am too but what my question is mac sent me 4 extra double sided threaded studs and im not sure what these are for? I started thinking maybe they replace the maifold studs? I have yet to get the bottom pass manifold nut off but will go buy what i need tool wise to beable to get this thing off.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Those studs usually are for the other end to attach to the cat back. Maybe they sent you extras or if there are none there, that is where they go.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
just recieved my prochamber on friday. no instuctions either. havent had time to try to put on yet. anyone know what the small exhaust piece( 2 inch long pipe) is for? do you need any extra gaskets or new gaskets?

cammer00gt

Established Member
they say it goes on the driverside down pipe.

Also i thought i read where 2004 cobras need longer o2 sensor (cables)? If so which o2 sensors need to be longer or will the stock ones work? I alrdy had to replace the pass after cat o2 due to the thread boogered up... I used a thread chaser to fix the bung which worked perfect.

mysticalsnake

Established Member
you will most likely need the O2 extensions. whenever i put a prochamber on my cobra i needed the O2 extensions and since we didn't discover this until after the pipe was on, i just left the O2 sensor screwed in but just unplugged and ziptied up out of the way.

mysticalsnake

Established Member
very odd lol, we tried to get the harness to stretch but i wasn't comfortable having the harness in the sort of tension it was going to have to be in for it to reach. Maybe that just goes to show every car's a bit different :shrug: lol

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
just recieved my prochamber on friday. no instuctions either. havent had time to try to put on yet. anyone know what the small exhaust piece( 2 inch long pipe) is for? do you need any extra gaskets or new gaskets?

I put in that little piece. I "believe" it is for the stock manifolds and if you have a shorty (Remember the pipes also fit 2V's) you omit it. I put it in and no leaks.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I put in that little piece. I "believe" it is for the stock manifolds and if you have a shorty (Remember the pipes also fit 2V's) you omit it. I put it in and no leaks.

I don`t think I used that piece!IIRC,it was flared on one end.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread