MAC Long Tube owners...I need opinions

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
For those who have or have heard MAC long tube headers on 03/04 Cobra...

How do they sound?
Decent quality?
Any fitment issues?

If you had to do it all over again would you buy MAC L/T's or something else?

I would love to get my hands on a set of SLP, SW, or Kooks but they put a big dent in the budget.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412108

Last edited:

MVD

Established Member
+1

Also what about trans or bellhousing/clutch removal after installation........can it be done with the headers in place.

04spinbra

Established Member
mac lt

i just mac lt on my 04 sounds great but the egr took forever to put back in:lol: other than that everything went on with ease:D

MVD

Established Member
04spinbra said:
i just mac lt on my 04 sounds great but the egr took forever to put back in:lol: other than that everything went on with ease:D

So can you remove the trans or bellhousing with the long tubes completely installed? Are you still using the OEM K member??

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
dvast8n said:
For those who have or have heard MAC long tube headers on 03/04 Cobra...

How do they sound?
Decent quality?
Any fitment issues?

If you had to do it all over again would you buy MAC L/T's or something else?

I would love to get my hands on a set of SLP, SW, or Kooks but they put a big dent in the budget.

The MAC Lt's are definitely our best selling header. I'm sure mainly due to the cost but they are also an awesome set of headers. MAC made a lot of improvements to the design and quality of all of their headers in the last few years.

I also haven't received a single set back for any type of defect or fitment issues.

If you decide to go this route give us a call and also check out our new X-Pipe options for the MAC LT's..Everything is in stock and ships the same business day you order!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410010
41548d1186254491-new-product-lethal-performance-shorty-x-lp-macltorshrtx.jpg

04spinbra

Established Member
MVD said:
So can you remove the trans or bellhousing with the long tubes completely installed? Are you still using the OEM K member??

i put qa1 kmember on my 04 :rockon:

ShapeShifter

Established Member
black03 said:
The MAC Lt's are definitely our best selling header. I'm sure mainly due to the cost but they are also an awesome set of headers. MAC made a lot of improvements to the design and quality of all of their headers in the last few years.

I also haven't received a single set back for any type of defect or fitment issues.

If you decide to go this route give us a call and also check out our new X-Pipe options for the MAC LT's..Everything is in stock and ships the same business day you order!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410010
41548d1186254491-new-product-lethal-performance-shorty-x-lp-macltorshrtx.jpg

would that shorty X fit MAC longtubes for a 99-04 GT? id be interested in a catted one...lemme know.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
ShapeShifter said:
would that shorty X fit MAC longtubes for a 99-04 GT? id be interested in a catted one...lemme know.

It does indeed fit the 2V. Give us a call or place the order online and we'll ship it right out. Thanks, Jared

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Fran said:
I like the macs also, sound like a killer deal. Any pictures on how low they sit?

I don't have any pics to share of the headers on an 03-04 Cobra however I can tell you they are the highest off the ground out of all the longtubes for our cars offering the best ground clearance. Jared

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I purchased MAC L/Ts and the Lethal X-Pipe lastnight. Jared was on late lastnight and was able to answer all my questions! Excellent customer service!!

Can't wait to get these on my car!

dvast8n

Boost Junkie
Established Member
For those who are looking to buy MAC L/T's I found a good source for them. Send me a PM for those who are interested.

BTW, my MAC L/Ts and Lethal O/R X will be here on the 13th. I plan on taking the following day off of work to install them.

coakeson

Established Member
Has anyone had problems with the passenger side header? I put MAC long tubes on my 98 GT, I know that its different than the Cobra, but I had to beat in the passenger side floor in and the pipe coming from the #1 cylinder that goes over the top was too close to my A/C line and it melted it in half. For some reason I am still thinking about MAC LTs on my Cobra even though I had trouble with them in the past. I wish they had a catted prochamber to go with the LTs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread