Mac 3" catback + Bassani X pipe (O/R or w/CATS) any fitment issues?

No problem. However if you really want that sound in the video Rami posted, the best thing would be to buy the UPR. I'm actually tempted to go back to it just because I loved the 2-4,000 RPM aggressive roar and rasp so much. The Bassani still sounds good, it's just that range isn't as pronounced as it is with the UPR. The more I drive it the more I'm realizing that lol.

This is a video I took with the UPR about a year and a half ago. I'm going to take another video like this with the Bassani.

[video=youtube;2Uol1xuCu3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Uol1xuCu3w[/video]

That's another good video right there. What's tough about these videos is where they are taking place.

What I mean is...looking back on Rami's original video he did it in a cavernous type of valley. Naturally the sound will be different bouncing of the walls but nonetheless, gives people a very good idea of what it can sound like traveling around a similar environment.

Great job on the videos though Captain. I hate those idle videos with people just reving the exhaust from a dead stop. Does nothing to help people grasp how the car will sound, with a particular exhaust setup, under load and at certain gears.

Captain Chris

Established Member
Yeah exactly! I think I'm just going to keep the Bassani x-pipe, I do like the sound of it and might as well try something different right? I need to take a video like the one above with the Bassani. Haven't gotten around to it yet but I will! I'll take it in the same spot too! I'm curious to hear it from outside the car.

Have to tell you guys...if you order a Mac 3" for your 03-04 then you better be prepared to wait. Next Mon will mark the 3 week mark since I placed the order. And I'm just getting a feeling that its going to really be a 6 week wait, like it was back in '04.

I have nothing going on in life, so I'm going to wait on this one. lol But man that fitment better not be way off or I'm going to get riled up on the internet.

svtrookie

Established Member
Have to tell you guys...if you order a Mac 3" for your 03-04 then you better be prepared to wait. Next Mon will mark the 3 week mark since I placed the order. And I'm just getting a feeling that its going to really be a 6 week wait, like it was back in '04.

I have nothing going on in life, so I'm going to wait on this one. lol But man that fitment better not be way off or I'm going to get riled up on the internet.

I remember waiting weeks for my stainless 2.5 mac catback back in 06 but it's def worth the wait! Sounds even more amazing with kooks long tubes! To bad they don't make the 3 inch in stainless.

I remember waiting weeks for my stainless 2.5 mac catback back in 06 but it's def worth the wait! Sounds even more amazing with kooks long tubes! To bad they don't make the 3 inch in stainless.

Been 4 weeks so far. Thankfully the car is down for a clutch issue at the moment so I'm not going to be troubled any further about the dealy.

kierrea35

Established Member
As far a fitment, for me the mac hung a little low with my bassani O/R x. MAC Has this downward bend between the muffler and where it connects to the mid pipe. At idle, it was was noticeably quieter than my magnaflows. It was loud and deep once you started driving. I later added BBK longtubes to the mix. Once again the idle was a little more quiet. When you hit the go pedal, things get very violent sounding. It is LOUD. I traded my MAC for bassani to try something new. Other than quality, I regret ever doing that. I'm gonna do a 3" bassani with MAC mufflers

Captain Chris

Established Member
Ever get that MAC installed? Took a new video with the bassani x pipe, some exterior shots!

[video=youtube;RKw_j7tDap0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKw_j7tDap0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Ever get that MAC installed? Took a new video with the bassani x pipe, some exterior shots!

[video=youtube;RKw_j7tDap0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKw_j7tDap0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Believe it or not, the Mac 3" just came in last week. Almost a 4 month wait. Ridiculous. Tailpipe hangers weren't even included so waiting on that right now. Hope to have it on the car by the end of the week.

Took out the Bassani O/R X and put in the UPR X instead.

Oddly enough, ran into another 03 locally that had the UPR X and Mac 3" and its unreal how good that setup sound sunder load. Definitely made the right choice on this setup.

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
01cobravortech, I have ran a mac catback with both a bassani o/r x-pipe and a upr o/r x-pipe. I can tell you that they both do sound different from each other like Captain Chris pointed out. IMO the UPR sounded much better, the UPR was a little more raspier, but definitely had a better exhaust note. I felt the bassani x just didn't sound right with a mac catback, but that's my personal taste. I can honestly say I got nothing but compliments on my UPR/Mac setup.

Goodluck, hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread