Mac 3" catback + Bassani X pipe (O/R or w/CATS) any fitment issues?

So I finally got bored of my Borla Stingers and Bassani O/R X setup. Time for a change.

I know there are only a handful of you guys out there...but have any of you guys with the Bassani midpipe run into any issues getting your X pipe to match up with your Mac 3"?

In my phone calls to Mac exhaust products, a guy there named Manny indicated that I shouldn't have any issues. However, contacting some of the vendors out there, I'm getting quite a different response.

I was curious what you 'reral world' users are expereincing. Worst case scenario, I'll buy a UPR O/R X pipe as that one seems to be a perfect fit with the Mac 3".

Thanks in advance for all replies.

wanna sell the stingers?

I'll sell them as long as the selling price is substantially more than the shipping. I know the shipping costs could be significant, based on the location of the buyer.

And considering they're 7 years old and I don't polish the exhaust, I'm not sure what level of interest people will have for them. So we'll see when they come off the car and get some pics up in a Market thread.

Thanks! I have the catted Bassani now and wanted to go catless :)

Let me just say this...my Borla Stingers have sounded phenomenal, since going from a catted Bassani to an O/R X Bassani. But I do get bored easily.

Ever since I saw a member from this site post their vid with their stock manifolds, UPR O/R X and Mac 3"...I haven't been able to let the sound go.

I am really hoping that the Bassani O/R X will produce the same or similar sound to the UPR O/R X.

[youtube_browser]-t6mqJSXi2U[/youtube_browser]

IIRC, the member's name is Ravi from NYC. Thank God he posted up the video. Its one of the best videos ever because it shows you just what these cars sound like when a load is placed on them. Unfortunately, those idle revving videos do not give you a very good idea what these cars will sound like on the road.

^^excellent LMK! :beer:

Not a problem man. Not looking to take advantage of anyone on here. I don't expect people to pay a premium for a 7yr old catback and I also don't know what people are willing to pay for one. Thankfully the Borla Stingers are a SS catback, so no matter how beat the cb looks from the exterior side of things, I know that it can be polished to look real nice for those that are more concerned about the aesthetics. Its been a great sound for a long time...but I want something louder.

Cobra_Tim

Established Member
I'm really loving the sound of that MAC exhaust, but how would it sound with a Mac catted prochamber? Is the MAc exhaust louder than the Borlas?

I don't like super loud, but I like people to know I'm coming. I'm assuming the 3" cat prochamber w/ 3" mac cat back would be a good setup? Can't find any videos...

Dragu1a

Established Member
i have long tubes, a universal 3" o/r x pipe from summit racing and a 3" MAC exhaust. they just got put on and i haven't had a chance to hear it in person yet...it's getting some boost leaks sealed up while it's there, hoping to get it back soon.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Idk if it will sound the same OP maybe close I believe Bassani uses a clam type shell for the X crossover where as UPR bends the pipes at the X let us know.

Idk if it will sound the same OP maybe close I believe Bassani uses a clam type shell for the X crossover where as UPR bends the pipes at the X let us know.

Its interesting that you posted this. That's actually one of the things I've wondered about. I know what the bends in the piping look like on my Bassani but I've only been able to go off the UPR website images provide for theirs. Hopefully the sound isn't much different or acceptable. Worst case scenario its just another $159 for the UPR pipe. Just need to get this sound right.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I know when I had my 01 Cobra and a friend of mine had a 97 Cobra at the same time we both had Flowmaster catbacks. I had the BBK OR X and he had the UPR I thought it sounded different. Good luck post a video when done. Had I known you wanted Mac I would of offered a trade plus some boot on my end cause I want Stingers but I have Mac mufflers welded into a SLP Catback and I'm sure you prolly wanted the whole Mac Catback.

Last edited:

Captain Chris

Established Member
For the video up a bit, his name is Rami and I bought that car a couple years ago... love it! However I just changed the x pipe to a Bassani because it scraped a lot and it's much more enjoyable without all the scraping and having to worry about dodging everything in the road. The Bassani fits a lot better. I took a video with the UPR X pipe and one with the Bassani X pipe. There is a little bit of a difference in both, mainly less drone with the Bassani, and it sounds a little more throaty in the lower RPMs which I love! This is also with a stock manifold, which sounds much better imo.

[video=youtube;xLaUhHBiBgA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLaUhHBiBgA[/video]

Last edited:
[video=youtube;uDI8QDo2HF8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDI8QDo2HF8[/video]

Cpt. Chris thank you so much for the video.

I know that Mac's 'workmanship' doesn't compare to that of Bassani or others...but after hearing your vid, I am so excited about my Mac 3" that is being built right now as we speak.

I am very bothered though that MAC takes almost 3 weeks to build a cb but I get it.

Captain Chris

Established Member
No problem. However if you really want that sound in the video Rami posted, the best thing would be to buy the UPR. I'm actually tempted to go back to it just because I loved the 2-4,000 RPM aggressive roar and rasp so much. The Bassani still sounds good, it's just that range isn't as pronounced as it is with the UPR. The more I drive it the more I'm realizing that lol.

This is a video I took with the UPR about a year and a half ago. I'm going to take another video like this with the Bassani.

[video=youtube;2Uol1xuCu3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Uol1xuCu3w[/video]

cobrakyle95

Established Member
i have what you've listed. its fits perfect and only one way lol. but i also have a SRA so its a mach 1 cat back. sound is great!!! I had a bassani cat back and the welds on the casings cracked and seperated from the heat. their welds are shit on their stainless btw.

Users who are viewing this thread