MA Teacher Denied Paid Leave to Welcome Wounded Son and We Can Help

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
BLUF: Teacher burned her nine days of paid leave visiting her stepson, 23-year-old Army SPC Todd Lomax, who was seriously wounded after being hit by shrapnel in a grenade explosion in Kandahar Province in October. Now he returns to Drum and Liz Sorrell, the superintendent of Carver High School, denied Lomax's request for the extra days.

I sent her an email asking her to reconsider. Maybe if enough of us send an email / call, she will reconsider.

Carver Public Schools For email click on her name in blue.

Sorrell, Elizabeth
Superintendent of Schools Carver Public Schools
508 866-6160

Massachusetts Teacher Denied Extra Paid Leave To Welcome Home Stepson Wounded In Afghanistan | Fox News

Last edited:

megameGT500

Established Member

Thanks. I hope more members can send an email. Liz Sorrell, the superintendent had previously granted additional days to a faculty member whose home burned down, so I know she can approve it.

nastyl

Established Member
i just graduated highschool two years ago from carver high. mrs. lomax was a teacher of mine for 2 classes. she is a wonderfull person she helped me alot during my senior year she was always happy and never down, i hope the superintendent will make the right decision sooner rather than later.

megameGT500

Established Member
i just graduated highschool two years ago from carver high. mrs. lomax was a teacher of mine for 2 classes. she is a wonderfull person she helped me alot during my senior year she was always happy and never down, i hope the superintendent will make the right decision sooner rather than later.

Thanks all who sent.

So do I. She sounds like a very good teacher and even a better mother. I see no valid reason why Liz Sorrell, the superintendent should deny her this precious opportunity to see her son. When I was I Battery Commander I took pride in the fact that I never once denied a Soldier of emergency leave. I adjusted my manning issues and drove on with the mission. No one is indispensible and piss poor planning on the superintendents part does not constitute an emergency on Mrs. Lomax’s' part.

Users who are viewing this thread