M3 v8 vs 2011 Mustang GT Brembo

AMGPower55

Established Member
I'm not sure of the difference, just had a newer looking one at the gas station peel out of the parking lot the other day and I was curious of what to expect if I came across one. Also on the BMW subject, how do the 135's do? There's a kid I know that just got an 08 and said he's doing some mods but wouldn't say which ones, then wants a race. I expect to beat him but not positive.

135's are pretty stout little cars.. With that being said most of the "Full bolt-on" 135's seem to run low-mid 12's trapping mid teens. Seems like the 11 second cars are further modified with meth etc. I think their turbo's max out around the ~480whp mark, then again I am by no means an expert on 135's. I can tell you that most of the 135/335 community think that their cars are rockets that can't be beaten once they tune them. So to circle back to your question it'll come down to your car/mod/your driving... ya know the "normal" stuff haha

bokyo1987

Established Member
Colby2013 said:
Also on the BMW subject, how do the 135's do? There's a kid I know that just got an 08 and said he's doing some mods but wouldn't say which ones, then wants a race. I expect to beat him but not positive.

I have an 08 with an intake, down/mid pipes, and intercooler for power plus an upgraded fuel pump to support my e48 tune. I have run 12.1s @115-116mph on all-seasons at the local track. A couple of fellow forum members run their cars there as well. For perspective, one member's 500ish whp Terminator on R888s and I are both bottom 12s. He has trapped way higher than I ever have though. Another member's tune, intake 3v on street tires is bottom 14s. Only member I've heard of with a 5.0 at that track ran bottom 13s with some mods.

135's are pretty stout little cars.. With that being said most of the "Full bolt-on" 135's seem to run low-mid 12's trapping mid teens. Seems like the 11 second cars are further modified with meth etc. I think their turbo's max out around the ~480whp mark, then again I am by no means an expert on 135's.

^This sums it up pretty well. Most need meth and/or drag radials to dip into 11s. The stock turbo record for the n54 is around 470ish whp on a 335i, but full bolt-on cars without e85 or meth north of 400whp are rare.

Upgraded twins put out north of 500whp. And the newest single kit puts out 800whp with just the turbo and fueling mods on an e50 tune; stock motor, stock exhaust, etc...

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
I'm not sure of the difference, just had a newer looking one at the gas station peel out of the parking lot the other day and I was curious of what to expect if I came across one. Also on the BMW subject, how do the 135's do? There's a kid I know that just got an 08 and said he's doing some mods but wouldn't say which ones, then wants a race. I expect to beat him but not positive.

I figured as much. Normally when ppl give the description you did it generally means all they know is it has a M3 badge ( no offense)

kaz109

Established Member
Apparently not since he backed out. I was driving 75-77 when I caught up to him. he only floored while I was behind him, since I didn't follow he probably slow down. Perhaps he was not looking for a race but he sure was asking for one.

so he was driving 110 and u caught him doing 77?? ummmm you do the math on that one lol......but this is is a eaiser question to answer , how was "asking" for a race?? to me asking for a race is pacing along side a car, going faster or slowing down to their speed to line up with them and honking it off. To me that is asking for a race.....so I ask, in your mind how was he asking for a race

still waiting.....

Rios302

Established Member
Since you are defending his behavior I can only assumed you are one of those that sees a faster car you too start driving like a maniac but are too afraid to race. I could be wrong but just like you I too can assume stuff. Either way there is no reason to do any math, its quite simply, the guy speed up merging on to the freeway then slow down so I assumed he was waiting for me to race but I guess he wasn't. he just waited so that he could floor it again when I wasn't expecting it. I don't know his reasoning you have to ask him, maybe he races Need for Speed Style who knows.

13 RaceRed 5.0

Established Member
It continues to amaze me how people still compare 65k+ M3's to our Coyotes. I got my 13 GT Premium for 32k, it's a keeper!

kaz109

Established Member
Since you are defending his behavior I can only assumed you are one of those that sees a faster car you too start driving like a maniac but are too afraid to race. I could be wrong but just like you I too can assume stuff. Either way there is no reason to do any math, its quite simply, the guy speed up merging on to the freeway then slow down so I assumed he was waiting for me to race but I guess he wasn't. he just waited so that he could floor it again when I wasn't expecting it. I don't know his reasoning you have to ask him, maybe he races Need for Speed Style who knows.

Where in ANY of my post am I defending his driving??? lol....The math was simple, if he was doing 110 he would have to slow down to about 40 or less for you to catch up to him with you only doing 77. So either he did that or you decided to drive like a maniac trying to catch him because you wanted to race.

kaz109

Established Member
It continues to amaze me how people still compare 65k+ M3's to our Coyotes. I got my 13 GT Premium for 32k, it's a keeper!

I love them both but after spending time in both you can't compare the two. The 5.0 is a great value and best bang for buck that is for sure but only ppl would read mag numbers would compare the two. Especially the F80 M3, they are a would of difference

Rios302

Established Member
It matters little if it took me 1 mile or ten or if the M3 pulled over to change a tire, make a phone call or take a piss. I was driving 80 mph all the way and have no reason to make shit up.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Where in ANY of my post am I defending his driving??? lol....The math was simple, if he was doing 110 he would have to slow down to about 40 or less for you to catch up to him with you only doing 77. So either he did that or you decided to drive like a maniac trying to catch him because you wanted to race.

Kaz, you've never busted ass getting on a freeway and then laid up? One of my favorite places to feed the dragon is getting on and off freeways. It's a serious let down when I see cars in front of me.

kaz109

Established Member
Kaz, you've never busted ass getting on a freeway and then laid up? One of my favorite places to feed the dragon is getting on and off freeways. It's a serious let down when I see cars in front of me.

No...my cars are too slow for that. I worry more about MPG lol

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
No...my cars are too slow for that. I worry more about MPG lol
Dafuq?
if you're worried about MPG, maybe its time to look at a more economical vehicle. Save the go fast cars for the weekend. I have a 96 integra for daily driving purposes, my commute is.... 5 miles round trip! MUAHAHAHAHHA

kaz109

Established Member
Dafuq?
if you're worried about MPG, maybe its time to look at a more economical vehicle. Save the go fast cars for the weekend. I have a 96 integra for daily driving purposes, my commute is.... 5 miles round trip! MUAHAHAHAHHA

You of all ppl should know I was being sarcastic .... My mpg is 16.6 and my next daily will more than likely be worse lol

Also it makes Zero sense to me to be in a cheap slow car for 80% of my week. Thats like working 80hrs a week and spending $50 on pos work shoes and $200 on jordans to wear when you aren't at work.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
You of all ppl should know I was being sarcastic .... My mpg is 16.6 and my next daily will more than likely be worse lol

Also it makes Zero sense to me to be in a cheap slow car for 80% of my week. Thats like working 80hrs a week and spending $50 on pos work shoes and $200 on jordans to wear when you aren't at work.
Well I would drive a bucket only if my commute was more than 20 miles one way. But since its only 14 miles round trip, I take either one of my girls :rolling: 95% of the time im carpooling though lol

Rios302

Established Member
I too would rather drive a beat up econobox than putting unnecessary miles in my Mustang. My commute is faster and more fun than my car anyways while being 3x better on gas. I only work like 5 miles away from work so in reality I drive/ride what I feel like or what the weather dictates.

Users who are viewing this thread