M3 v8 vs 2011 Mustang GT Brembo

Rios302

Established Member
I am driving on my way to work when I see this M3 hauling ass right behind me then quickly switches to left lane (4 way street). He keeps going passing other vehicles the same way. I chose not to get into it so I let him go. About 300 feet ahead I see him again. It seems like he is getting into the freeway just like I am. There is a car in front of him and the light is red, he has no option but wait. As soon as the light turns green he switches to the left lane and again starts hauling ass going past a motorcycle and merging on to the freeway at like 110 MPH. There was no pointing in playing cat and mouse so I didn't even bother. A few miles ahead I see the M3 again on the left lane going at about 70 MPH so I pull next to him and slow down. I thought he was waiting for me. As soon as I puled next to him instead of slowing down the M3 guy decides to goes up to 80 MPH. I usually not even bothered racing from such high speeds but I still honk 3 times and punched the throttle. The guy again backed out so I move to the right lane and go on my way. Immediately I see the M3 dropping gears and pulling away. Chasing him would be stupid, it's not like I am driving a GT500 to catch up. I don't see what this guy was up to but honestly its not impressing anyone.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Getting a random AND fair street race these days is like finding a vagina that has never been penetrated............

bokyo1987

Established Member
Makes M3 owners look bad that's all I can say.

Every brand has their own unfortunately... And some people wonder why the BMW driver stereotype lingers on lol.

Colby2013 said:
"How do the newer M3s stack up against a mostly stock 5.0?"

Stock M3/M4s have dipped into high 11s @118ish mph. Stock plus 103oct, 11.6 @122ish. Should be a good race for a tuned, bolt-on 5.0.

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
Every brand has their own unfortunately... And some people wonder why the BMW driver stereotype lingers on lol.

Stock M3/M4s have dipped into high 11s @118ish mph. Stock plus 103oct, 11.6 @122ish. Should be a good race for a tuned, bolt-on 5.0.

you are talking about the new turbo inline 6 M4's.....the topic is about 4.0L V8 M3's in which case there barely beat stock 5.0's in both road course and drag strip when they were tested. On the street from a higher roll and both cars are 6MT 5.0"s have the advantage

Edit: After rereading it I see he asked about the Newer M3's.... not not sure if by newer he meant E92 or F80

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
I am driving on my way to work when I see this M3 hauling ass right behind me then quickly switches to left lane (4 way street). He keeps going passing other vehicles the same way. I chose not to get into it so I let him go. About 300 feet ahead I see him again. It seems like he is getting into the freeway just like I am. There is a car in front of him and the light is red, he has no option but wait. As soon as the light turns green he switches to the left lane and again starts hauling ass going past a motorcycle and merging on to the freeway at like 110 MPH. There was no pointing in playing cat and mouse so I didn't even bother. A few miles ahead I see the M3 again on the left lane going at about 70 MPH so I pull next to him and slow down. I thought he was waiting for me. As soon as I puled next to him instead of slowing down the M3 guy decides to goes up to 80 MPH. I usually not even bothered racing from such high speeds but I still honk 3 times and punched the throttle. The guy again backed out so I move to the right lane and go on my way. Immediately I see the M3 dropping gears and pulling away. Chasing him would be stupid, it's not like I am driving a GT500 to catch up. I don't see what this guy was up to but honestly its not impressing anyone.

I disagree...he never acted as if he was looking to race anyone just was out doing some sprinted driving. So because he has no interest in racing you it makes M3 owners look bad??? Hmmmm ok lol. Also I am curious, if he was going 110mph how fast were you going to catch him when you fiound out that a few miles up the road he was going 70mph??

kaz109

Established Member
Getting a random AND fair street race these days is like finding a vagina that has never been penetrated............

I am still waiting on my fair run with you homie!!! time is ticking on how much longer I have this care and I for sure will back down from a run with you in my new one lol....Last I remember you had some heatsoak issues to deal with,are you all fixed are ready to run?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
:lol::lol::lol1::lol1:
You gon learn today!
Not at all, its called “douche drivers”. They come in all sorts of cars. Like Kaz said, he wasn’t looking for a race.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I am still waiting on my fair run with you homie!!! time is ticking on how much longer I have this care and I for sure will back down from a run with you in my new one lol....Last I remember you had some heatsoak issues to deal with,are you all fixed are ready to run?
Dude you told me you were going to notify me when you were coming back down here. Now when will that be? Hopefully my car is running good then lol. I've been doing some racing and the shifter is getting hard to put into 2-3-4-5-6. Hopefully it's nothing though.

Rios302

Established Member
Apparently not since he backed out. I was driving 75-77 when I caught up to him. he only floored while I was behind him, since I didn't follow he probably slow down. Perhaps he was not looking for a race but he sure was asking for one.

kaz109

Established Member
Apparently not since he backed out. I was driving 75-77 when I caught up to him. he only floored while I was behind him, since I didn't follow he probably slow down. Perhaps he was not looking for a race but he sure was asking for one.

so he was driving 110 and u caught him doing 77?? ummmm you do the math on that one lol......but this is is a eaiser question to answer , how was "asking" for a race?? to me asking for a race is pacing along side a car, going faster or slowing down to their speed to line up with them and honking it off. To me that is asking for a race.....so I ask, in your mind how was he asking for a race

kaz109

Established Member
Dude you told me you were going to notify me when you were coming back down here. Now when will that be? Hopefully my car is running good then lol. I've been doing some racing and the shifter is getting hard to put into 2-3-4-5-6. Hopefully it's nothing though.

I just had surgery on my wrist so I have 3-4 months off of work so hopefully it will clear up so we can get some runs in. I will let you know just like I did last time but its up to YOU to check your box lol

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
honestly it sounds like he was just driving like a douchebag BMW owner, he was probably driving like a douche before he caught up with you, and likely driving a douche for miles after you. He had no intentions of racing you. In his mind some pissant in a mustang has nothing on his precious bimmer.

kaz109

Established Member
honestly it sounds like he was just driving like a douchebag BMW owner, he was probably driving like a douche before he caught up with you, and likely driving a douche for miles after you. He had no intentions of racing you. In his mind some pissant in a mustang has nothing on his precious bimmer.

"In his mind some pissant in a mustang has nothing on his precious bimmer"

pretty much sums it up ...../thread lol

Last edited:

Colby2013

Established Member
you are talking about the new turbo inline 6 M4's.....the topic is about 4.0L V8 M3's in which case there barely beat stock 5.0's in both road course and drag strip when they were tested. On the street from a higher roll and both cars are 6MT 5.0"s have the advantage

Edit: After rereading it I see he asked about the Newer M3's.... not not sure if by newer he meant E92 or F80

I'm not sure of the difference, just had a newer looking one at the gas station peel out of the parking lot the other day and I was curious of what to expect if I came across one. Also on the BMW subject, how do the 135's do? There's a kid I know that just got an 08 and said he's doing some mods but wouldn't say which ones, then wants a race. I expect to beat him but not positive.

Users who are viewing this thread