Lunar Guages or Ultra Lite? Which looks better to the stock guages?

Which guages look better?

• Lunar

Votes: 304 71.4%
  • Ultra Lite

Votes: 70 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 52 12.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I just ordered an Ultra-lite boost/vacuum gauge and Ultra-lite mechanical water temp. gauge. I'm going to use an Autometer dual gauge pillar pod that I bought from a friend for the install. I ordered the gauges from Jegs for about $118. They should arrive in a few days. Parts always got to me in 2-3 days with their standard ground shipping so hopefully I'll have them installed by the end of the week. I'll post up some pics after I install them.

oldmodman - I'm going to try those 5 LED lights in my Ultra-lites. I'll give some feedback on them and pics.

-Blaise

BBriBro

Established Member
SublimeRT said:
oldmodman - I'm going to try those 5 LED lights in my Ultra-lites. I'll give some feedback on them and pics.

-Blaise
Those "new" bulbs look good, I might have to change mine out, Looking forward to hearing your results. I am using the 6 LED cluster, and it's plenty bright, but with this type of gauge, the "radially" distributed light must certainly be better.

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
I'm getting nexus line because autometer is comming out with wideband kit next fall which will be compatable with their datalogging system

04torchred

Established Member
cobraCMDR said:
I'm getting nexus line because autometer is comming out with wideband kit next fall which will be compatable with their datalogging system

Those are gonna be a pretty penny I bet!

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
dashcluster.jpg

gaugepod.jpg

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
So has anyone interfaced an AutoMeter A/F gauge with a wideband O2?

Anyone running a separate L/R bank wideband?

Thanks.

Mongoose 03

The Godfather
Established Member
I have the 3 guage pillar pod with Autometer Cobalts.........looks awful damn good in a black Cobra

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
I installed a boost and a fuel pressure gauge today. It wasn't hard, just time consuming. Took me 5 hours, but I took alot of breaks and worked slow. I used this guide http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122469&highlight=fuel+pressure+gauge+install

Most of the time I spent soldering and running wire so it would look nice and neat. The end result is very nice. I used lunar gauges and the speed of sound gauge pod. I'll take pics later, but im lazy so I probably wont.

I thought about using the nexus gauges untill I saw how much they cost. Nice, but not that nice.

Last edited:

V8Mustang

Established Member
Flatliner said:
Well I started to research this more... but found that they do offer a aqua color that is in between green and blue around 505-507nm, however nobody offers them in the 194/168 series bulbs!!
I haven't seen that color, but you would assume that it is in the range that we would like. I contacted superbrightleds and they offer only what they have on the website right now. I am going to inquire more about this though.

660nm Ultra Red
595nm Super Yellow
8000K Cool White
525nm Aqua Green
470nm Super Blue

The analness continues!

Have you found an aqua bulb that will work? If not, any pics with the 5 leds in the car?
Thanks!

V8Mustang

Established Member
DougieStyle said:
how can i make the lunars match the stock green exactly?

Sounds like you can by using a resistor (dimmer). That info is posted somewhere here (if not in this post, do a search for gague pod and filter through).

I wanted to go with the other gauges b/c they match better w/ the lights off - I do not drive my car much at night.

BBriBro

Established Member
DougieStyle said:
yea what gauges have numbers that match the stock gauge type numbers and colors

I posted pics earlier in this thread, I think the Ultra-Lites look the best during the day, their face color, numbers, pointers, etc are a very close match, and with LED bulbs, even the backlighting is close in color, you just don't get the real even "glow" like the factory guages or the Lunars, since the light is coming from behind, and has to be reflected around the edge of the bezel.

BBriBro

Established Member
whitestang04GT said:
Are you guys running Electric or Mechanical???

Both, my boost and oil temp gauges are mechanical, but my fuel pressure and oil pressure are both full sweep electric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread