Lunar Guages or Ultra Lite? Which looks better to the stock guages?

Which guages look better?

• Lunar

Votes: 304 71.4%
  • Ultra Lite

Votes: 70 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 52 12.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Screamin'SVT

Banned
I've had both. Def. go w/ Lunar. Never had any problems. UltraLites barely lit up and I've had sticking / false reading problems w/ 3 UltraLite gauges (2 boost, 1 EGT)

Flatliner

THE HEARTBEAT STOPS HERE.
Established Member
Anybody else notice that this thread seems to automatically mark itself new, but with old messages? Or is it that someone edits a remark and that flags it again?

Anyway I love the lunar look at night, but I love my ultralites matching in the day. Give and take situation. Reliability wise, it is interesting that you say the ultralites have issues. They are know for being dependable, and I have heard that the lunars have issues... so it's one of those sometimes you get a bad batch I guess it could really go either way. I have also been told that some people buying guages off ebay may actaually be buying refurbished gauges, wonder if that has anything to do with it.

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Flatliner
Anybody else notice that this thread seems to automatically mark itself new, but with old messages? Or is it that someone edits a remark and that flags it again?

I noticed it was new this morning, and I was wondering why I didn't get an email, then I saw there were no "new" posts, I just figured it was some glitch. You might be right about the edits.

Flatliner

Established Member
When you had posted back on 07/02, that message even though I read it about 5 different times kept showing as new with a new date, but was still your message from 07/02, edits or gremlins... take your pick, but glad I am not losing it!

BLU-BLZ 03SNAKE

Built Up Tension!
Established Member
LUNAR MATCHES YOUR STOCK. AND HOW COOL WOULD THOSE GREEN GUAGES LOOK ON A PILLAR AT NIGHT W/ THE WINDOWS DOWN! BAD ASS.
THANKS, JAY.

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
I just wanted to know what gauges that everyone uses.. I think most people are talking boost/vac and fuel pressure.. That sound about right?

Fast Willy

Established Member
I also am considering getting some gauges, the boost and fuel pressure gauge, but what about during the day time do the lunar gauges come with a silver background or just white. Why are the Lunars so much better then the ultra light guages?

Flatliner

Established Member
The lunars are white background and ultralites are silver like our stock cluster during the day.

The lunars had them same look as our stock gauges at night... the electroilluminiscent, however the color does not match 100%...

and the autolites are not the same glow as our stock gauges and depending on the bulb the green does not match up exactly... but they match during the day.

It is preference... you need to see them in person and make your decision

ddurnan

VET ETR
Established Member
I agree with the lunars, I've got the fuel pres.,oil pres.,boost only(no vac),A/F,and Monstertach w/shiftlight...Bad ass at night....

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
jimh said:
Mechanical fuel pressure gauges do not route fuel into the car as it is illegal both on the street and the track because of obvious safety concerns. They use an isolator in the engine compartment. Fuel goes only as far as the isolator. The isolator is a diaphram with the fuel on one side and antifreeze on the other. The tube coming off the antifreeze side runs to the gauge in the car. The isolators are usually anodized aluminum and look cool. They don't detract from your engine bay. The same can be done for oild pressure if you want. I was told that running the oil line all the way to the gauge is now illegal in NHRA. I have not verified that.

That's not the entire facts. Fuel guages that use an isolator can be located inside the car just like electric gauges that use a fuel pressure sender. That part of jimh's statement is 100% correct. However, there are a lot of mechanical fuel pressure guages that do not have an isolator. The fuel line is connected directly to the guage. Those are not allowed inside the car. If you go to the race track and see a car with a guage or two out on his hood or cowl in front of his windshield...those cars are using a fuel pressure guage without an isolator.

primo

Established Member
Bottomline, what is the green bulb part number for the ultralites that match up with our gauges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread