Lum-Tec Watches?

divided

Established Member
Anyone heard of this company? I can't stop eying this watch.

M111538.jpg

M114538.jpg

M11dial.jpg

m11_003.jpg

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Not shabby. I am an Omega guy though. I can't seem to grab onto the lum-tecs style. I have heard great things about them though

txyaloo

Established Member
Their dials are very simple but with awesome lume. Not my style, but they're nice. I'm partial to Breitlings.

44mm is a large watch head. You need a decent sized wrist to wear a watch that big and not look like Flava Flav.

txyaloo

Established Member
Dont know them. I just got a Luminox watch its great at night! I can see it down to the second hand no problem in any no light at all.

Any decent watch should have nice enough lume for that. I have some that glow like a flash light when fully charged. :lol:

divided

Established Member
Ideally id get a Orange PO but just don't have the funds. At 600$ the lum-tec seems to be quit a bargain. Only other 'nice' watch I have is this

A006000BLK-NIXON-1600L.jpg

I know the brand isn't liked by actual watch enthusiasts but I've had it for almost 2 years with 0 issues and love the clean simple style.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Any decent watch should have nice enough lume for that. I have some that glow like a flash light when fully charged. :lol:

Luminox does not have to be charged at all. Their glow does not run off of any light source like other watches.

Luminox Tech

All Luminox watches must undergo additional manufacturing steps that other watches do not require. The Luminox self-powered illumination system must be installed into each and every watch. It is a costly and time consuming endeavor but it is what makes Luminox watches special. It is our raison d’être. Each watch employs tiny self-powered micro gas lights developed by the world leader in the luminous compound industry. These micro gas lights (borosilicate glass capsules) are installed into the hands, hour markers, and when necessary, bezels of our watches. Luminox watches need no external light source to “charge” the paint on the dial or hands in order to glow as do conventional luminous watches. Nor do they require the push of a button to light the dial as do watches with electroluminescence. The U.S. military has long recognized the advantages of micro gas light sources and their use is specified in procurement specification MIL-W-46374F.

Our self-powered illumination–Luminox Light Technology (LLT) allows one to view time-at-a-glance, no matter what the light level, even in complete darkness.

I commented on a gentleman's watch one day at a Porsche car show bout 10 years ago. He had on a Luminox, said He like it better than his Rolex. I have never had a Rolex but my Luminox the best watch I have ever had.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Luminox does not have to be charged at all. Their glow does not run off of any light source like other watches.

I commented on a gentleman's watch one day at a Porsche car show bout 10 years ago. He had on a Luminox, said He like it better than his Rolex. I have never had a Rolex but my Luminox the best watch I have ever had.

That is very interesting about the Luminox. I didn't know that. Might have to take a look at these. ;-)

90slow50

90slow5.0
Established Member
I have two that I rarely wear. Since they're so often faked, I get asked constantly if it's a fake when I wear them. It gets to be a PITA.

I wear one everyday, and no one ever asks me that? Guess mine looks less fake than your two. J/K

txyaloo

Established Member
I wear one everyday, and no one ever asks me that? Guess mine looks less fake than your two. J/K

I would say it depends on the group of people you're around. My one that gets questioned the most is Sea Dweller Deep Sea due to not having a cyclops. If you're older, you normally don't get questioned either. I got my Yachtmaster at 18 which caused many "that's fake" conversations.

1993R

Established Member
I have two that I rarely wear. Since they're so often faked, I get asked constantly if it's a fake when I wear them. It gets to be a PITA.

Maybe you are hanging out with the wrong people :-D

I have got a Submariner and wear it everyday except when I fly

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I own a LumTec B2H; LOVE IT.

Chis (company owner) is a nice guy as well. All the products have a very quality feel to them.

B2H has the SOPROD Swiss movement. Very nice, high quality all around.

Check out the "Watchuseek" forum, sometimes you can find near-new watches for several hundred off from guys that just buy/swap/trade all the time.

Last edited:

divided

Established Member
I own a LumTec B2H; LOVE IT.

Chis (company owner) is a nice guy as well. All the products have a very quality feel to them.

B2H has the SOPROD Swiss movement. Very nice, high quality all around.

Check out the "Watchuseek" forum, sometimes you can find near-new watches for several hundred off from guys that just buy/swap/trade all the time.

Nice. Is the lume as bright as everyone says? Im soooo close to pulling the trigger.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
^ I'll go ahead and tell you I think they're highly underrated overall.

The Lume is VERY intense, but well-defined. It doesn't diffuse in all directions, it's really specific on the hands and dial. Regular indoor lighting of various kinds doesn't really do much for the charge; but about 20mins in Sunlight outside and it's charged for quite a while. It's not as crazy-overbearing as *some* pics make it out to be; but it's really nice.

Users who are viewing this thread