Lucky to be alive

airmanb2b

Established Member
Not in the Shelby thank god. Driving north bound on a two lane highway. F250 going south swerved into my lane head on. I cut to the right and was able to get over far enough. Their left side smashed my left rear spinning me 180 on the highway. Here is where it gets good. She took off. Me in my totaled explorer with two blown rear tires decided to call 911 as I proceeded to chase her down to get a plate number. Chased far 10 miles. State troopers caught her. She was under the influence with no drivers license and no insurance. Now being charged with DUI and felon assault with a deadly weapon. My beloved and reliable dd is now totaled. Should be covered under uninsured drivers. What a day!
a6935992-238d-6172.jpg

Steve@BAS

Established Member
WOW! Glad to hear you're alright Andrew! Glad she was caught. You're gonna be sore later.

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Count your blessings!!! You are one lucky man.

My Dad had similar experience: I had a Police officer knock on my door well after midnight one night, to tell me my father was in an accident. My heart sank, expected her to tell me he didn't survive, but she says after that piece of info that he is Ok and in hospital. Says she hasn't learned a good way to deliver this type of information, I told her to keep working at it cuz this was not the way to do it. Any way, turns out he was hit head on buy a drunk driver. My dad's Navigator was totalled. I went with him the next day to get his belongings out of what was left of the Navigator. When I saw it I couldn't believe he was able to walk away with just bruises.The front end was unrecognizable.

Anyhow glad you are ok, I am sure you are sore or will be.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
damn man, glad your ok. I was worried the shelby got the best of you when i first saw the title. Good thing the troopers tracked her down!

maybe it will make the next season of alaska state troopers

moncho

Established Member
Glad your ok! Quick thinking on avoiding the head on, not sure if I would've reacted fast enough.

Like everyone else said....count your blessings...

Cheers,
Ray

bull3441

Established Member
Glad you're ok. I hat these assholes with no license & insurance. Being a LEO I promise you this isn't her first DUI/DWI.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Wow! I guess you can call it a lucky day! Good reactions!

FYI, uninsured motorist does not cover that. Your collision policy (and appropriate deductible) is what comes into play. You may have to sue for the deductible. At least that is what I learned from getting rear ended by someone with no liscense or insurance.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Glad your okay. Sad thing is its probably not her first and might not be her last. Way to react. Most are so distracted these days driving they wouldn't have seen it until it was to late

airmanb2b

Established Member
Wow! I guess you can call it a lucky day! Good reactions!

FYI, uninsured motorist does not cover that. Your collision policy (and appropriate deductible) is what comes into play. You may have to sue for the deductible. At least that is what I learned from getting rear ended by someone with no liscense or insurance.

It was a daily driver with liability only. I have uninsured motorist with a $250 deductible.

Users who are viewing this thread