ls3 with ms3 cam, will it be close race?

S8ER01Z

Established Member
The rear Diff on early C6 vettes ( non ZO6 ) was pretty fragile, some broke under stock power :lol: Sounds almost like a GTO..

edit: Reading now the actual differential is a POS? Wow that is dissapointing.

Of course who am I to judge... my 10 bolt lasting 140K under stock power is a miracle as it is.

Last edited:

res0n0xg

Established Member

Of course who am I to judge... my 10 bolt lasting 140K under stock power is a miracle as it is.

it was just on early production run 05's, then a TSB was released, the differentials are fine, and have been ever since.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I don't know, it could go either depending on how each car runs. I ran a C5Z with a G5X-3 and supporting mods, it was a very close race.

C5Zs are quite a bit lighter than a Vert with better gearing so anything is possible.

Go race him and find out.

CobraKid04

Established Member
The rear Diff on early C6 vettes ( non ZO6 ) was pretty fragile, some broke under stock power :lol: Sounds almost like a GTO..

The 05 was the one with the glass diff....They improved upon the design..The GS now comes with a Z06 diff case...

Not a POS just the 05 diff.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I was digging on the corvette forums and found even 08 models with shattered rear ends with stock or light mods and no 'tire' to speak of. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread