ls3 with ms3 cam, will it be close race?

skeetscobra03

Established Member
my buddy blew up his c5 vert and now he is having a ls3 motor with a ms3 cam put in, he thinks he will have 478 hp when all done. i have a steig stage 3 with 2.8 upped tuned by rick. you guys think i can still take him?

65fastback2+2

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6JB1r9CiWY&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪Jared vs DirtyRob‬‏[/nomedia]

CobraKid04

Established Member
what are you numbers? and who is a better driver?

you will need about 50hp to keep up. given equal drivers.

LS2GTO

Established Member
That's a might by cam for stock pistons and LS3s.

With all the bolt-ons and a good size cam for that motor he can put down 470rwhp, especially with the better C5 drivetrain.

If he can drive, he will take you.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Dont be like everyone else racing vettes lately and not know how to get traction with your own car. You're the underdog in this race, go practice if youre not 100% confident and bring your A game.

skeetscobra03

Established Member
Got 500 at the wheel , and got micky t et streets. I know I can hook better but from a roll I think he will get me in higher gears , light to light I know I can launch way better then him. I've been killing him for a few years so if he gets me a couple times guess i will finely get the whipple and make some real power :)

CobraKid04

Established Member
That's a might by cam for stock pistons and LS3s.

With all the bolt-ons and a good size cam for that motor he can put down 470rwhp, especially with the better C5 drivetrain.

If he can drive, he will take you.

c5 drivetrain better?

res0n0xg

Established Member
If things were equal, you'd lose every time. A mild cam'd LS3 can easily make 478rwhp, add a FAST, etc. they can make 500+.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Im guessing it has something to do with parasitic loss? cheaper, weaker, yet lighter C5 valvetrain could be 'better' in that regard I guess.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
The C5's rear end is stronger than the C6 rear end, but the C6Z's rear end is stronger than the C5 and C6s rear end.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
What are the cam specs?

The MS3 cam specs are: MS3: 237/242, .603"/.609", 113 LSA

Not a terrible cam for an LS3, but there are better out there. In a C5 with all the bolt ons I can see it making what the owner thinks it will make. It should pull pretty hard.

Users who are viewing this thread