Ls3 C6 vs my boosted 11 GT

FiveSlow

Established Member
So are you going to get a tune for the car?

The car is tuned by a great shop that tunes some of the fastest 5.0 out there.. Mines just tuned super super safe. A little to safe I guess. That's what I asked for during our session. Car will be down for some 'stage 2' mods to my blower setup. I found a bunch up local pumps that sell 100 oct so I'll be switching that and getting a retune. Can't wait.

19935.slow

Established Member
The hp is still the hp regardless of what your wideband says. Doesn't change the situation. I wouldn't worry about flying out and buying a new tune.

Rct851

Established Member
I would just remember why you asked for a safe tune in the first place. its definetly faster now then if its blown up.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Not sure remotely tuned it. Probably around 590 at peak. Stock intake mani, headers, ects. So where I was shifting in this run I was probably around 550 right at my shifts.

Stock intake mani

yep-thats-your.jpg

FiveSlow

Established Member
Actually since I don't road race anything else is kind of pointless. The boss mani is designed for cars (the boss engine or a gt engine with proper mods) that will hang in the high rpms, 7200-8000. That's where it makes more power than the stock gt. I shift at or around 7200 so it's pointless for me. A waste of money really. For drag racing some people say it helps but peak numbers are not what I'm after, I want numbers under the curve from 5500-7200 and by switching to the boss all you will see is a TQ LOSS and maybe 5hp peak...pointless. I might port the stocker people said it's been tested to around 10hp throughout the curve. But meh not right now.

Car is currently under the knife getting stage 2 mods for my Paxton kit..

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Actually since I don't road race anything else is kind of pointless. The boss mani is designed for cars (the boss engine or a gt engine with proper mods) that will hang in the high rpms, 7200-8000. That's where it makes more power than the stock gt. I shift at or around 7200 so it's pointless for me. A waste of money really. For drag racing some people say it helps but peak numbers are not what I'm after, I want numbers under the curve from 5500-7200 and by switching to the boss all you will see is a TQ LOSS and maybe 5hp peak...pointless. I might port the stocker people said it's been tested to around 10hp throughout the curve. But meh not right now.

Car is currently under the knife getting stage 2 mods for my Paxton kit..

What are "stage 2 mods"?

rstar95556

Established Member
Your not putting you car in the best situation. You won both races, but your not just going to pull a corvette on the big end that easy. The vette is about 400lbs lighter and is made to run up top. Run him from a dig and you'll get the real picture. Take the win. Good kill.

FiveSlow

Established Member
Tial 44mm wastegate, Tial 50mm bov, 3.33" blower pulley, 100" belt, and a retune on unleaded 100 octane. I call this stage 2. Since most kits have stages and my setup was just an out of the box Paxton kit. Doing these mods take my kit to the next level for about $750. Bring the boost on a lot sooner with a smaller pulley, bleed off anything over 10psi, the bov is to clean up the maf frequency signal after blowoff and prevent charge pipes from blowing off. The vortech bov that was included in my kits works ok at 10psi but this one will be better and sound insane lol. The smaller belt is to prevent belt slip with the smaller pulley. Better gas for a better tune and to help fight detonation. That's my theory anyway. Those that swapped to this setup said its a new animal..

FiveSlow

Established Member
Your not putting you car in the best situation. You won both races, but your not just going to pull a corvette on the big end that easy. The vette is about 400lbs lighter and is made to run up top. Run him from a dig and you'll get the real picture. Take the win. Good kill.

Yeah we will be heading to the track shortly! He wants to put a blower on the vette now, has a cash deal lined up so we will see. I hope he gets the kit, a dig race should be close both mid 10 sec cars I'd assume .

Users who are viewing this thread