Ls3 C6 vs my boosted 11 GT

FiveSlow

Established Member
My car has basic boltons, novi 2200sl, id1000, 17v bap, ect. A little weight reduction, M6, 3.31 gear, 28+" tall rear.. The car is tuned really safe, 11.1 a/f wot and 15* max timing lots left on the table I think.

My buddy just got a 08 vette that's auto. Has exhaust maybe a tune? We aren't sure about that yet but it pulls flipping hard..

Did 2 runs. First 60 roll I got a slight jump and waked away hard to 120. 2nd run 45 roll and I lit up my 305 wide 555r's he gets 1/2 car out on me and I only managed to put 1/2-1 car on him, shut down at 130.. I wasn't going all out by shifting around 7k but still... Should have walked harder.. Thinking a more aggressive tune is needed?..

Last edited:

FiveSlow

Established Member
Yeah you're telling me.. I was expecting to freight train the car lol. I'm tuned on 93 with the numbers above so I know it's super conservative + a bottle of Lucas every tank. I have Tbolts so I don't think it's a boost leak.

FiveSlow

Established Member
Nope his is auto and I can drive. I wasn't winding it out as much as I could but shifts are fast and crisp..

FiveSlow

Established Member
Here's a video of me running a built 75mm turbo car, I can drive trust me lol. The race against the c6 my car was a bit more heat soaked and just wasn't pulling as hard. Still an animal though because I literally went off the limiter at 45mph lol

http://youtu.be/87xuGQ-ErPA

I will say though that from the hard spinning in 2nd I may have short shifted into 3rd which makes a huge huge difference with my setup. I don't make much under the curve with this stock pulley.

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Here's a video of me running a built 75mm turbo car, I can drive trust me lol. The race against the c6 my car was a bit more heat soaked and just wasn't pulling as hard. Still an animal though because I literally went off the limiter at 45mph lol

http://youtu.be/87xuGQ-ErPA

I will say though that from the hard spinning in 2nd I may have short shifted into 3rd which makes a huge huge difference with my setup. I don't make much under the curve with this stock pulley.

I don't think of Centri's getting "heat soaked" like a PD blower but hot air does affect the HP of Centri. My car definitely runs better in the fall with cooler air. Do you run an aftercooler?

Zemedici

Established Member
You weren't winding it out
Tune is super rich and conservative
He's lighter than you and has an auto where you gotta shift

What did your car dyno?

FiveSlow

Established Member
Not sure remotely tuned it. Probably around 590 at peak. Stock intake mani, headers, ects. So where I was shifting in this run I was probably around 550 right at my shifts.

Last edited:

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Not sure remotely tuned it. Probably around 590 at peak. Stock intake mani, headers, ects. So where I was shifting in this run I was probably around 550 right at my shifts.

Do you have a wideband on the car? The AF is way too rich...you should be in the 11.5-11.7 range. Car is most likely running poorly due to tuning.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
An hour from the city. I live in the north west burbs.

Tim Barth did mine in Rockford. Tim has been tuning for years definitely worth the trip, he knows his stuff.

Yep, take your car to see Tim. He was working at a place called Norm's Garage. Not sure where he is now. Hell, get an e-tune from Shaun at AED. Either one will be much better than what you have now.

stangfreak

Established Member
becausenobossintake. You have a blower. =x

no seriously, I thought modular powerhouse was out of business and wasn't it always called modular power house? confused

Users who are viewing this thread