LS3 C6 vs 03/04 Cobra

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Not necessarily, a stockish LS2 automatic car doesn't make a ton of power with just a catback and basic intake, somewhere in the 350ish range with similiar torque, so if you have intake/exhaust on your Cobra you're probably making 410rwhp, which would explain you having some close races with LS2 c6's. I absolutely murdered a stock LS2 c6 from a roll in my upper/lower pulley cobra.

Whereas a stock LS3 makes anywhere from 370rwhp (low end) to almost 400rwhp bone stock.

+1

my LS2 intake/catback GTO (which is a manual trans) made 344 rwhp before the tune. ls3's are completely different

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
I killed two C6s last week at the same time, lol. No idea if they were modded or stock or if they were LS2s or LS3s. I dont know how to tell.

Long open road and both were weaving thru traffic so I went to catch up. They hit it once they cleared traffic and I followed. Overtook both of them and pulled hard. I started the race in 4th and let off at about 110(my 4th tops out at 120). I had at least 4 cars on both. One was burnt orange and the other was yellow. Didnt get to talk to them as we were going seperate ways. They were clean tho.

Nice Kill, OP.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
I killed two C6s last week at the same time, lol. No idea if they were modded or stock or if they were LS2s or LS3s. I dont know how to tell.

Long open road and both were weaving thru traffic so I went to catch up. They hit it once they cleared traffic and I followed. Overtook both of them and pulled hard. I started the race in 4th and let off at about 110(my 4th tops out at 120). I had at least 4 cars on both. One was burnt orange and the other was yellow. Didnt get to talk to them as we were going seperate ways. They were clean tho.

Nice Kill, OP.

odd. no doubt you have a stout car. you're saying you pulled 4 cars in less than one gear?? you started in 4th, and didn't even run all the way through 4th?? keep in mind most of these cars don't get into their sweet spot until after 100mph. my z will pull to almost 90mph in second gear---3rd takes you to 121mph

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
odd. no doubt you have a stout car. you're saying you pulled 4 cars in less than one gear?? you started in 4th, and didn't even run all the way through 4th?? keep in mind most of these cars don't get into their sweet spot until after 100mph. my z will pull to almost 90mph in second gear---3rd takes you to 121mph

The sweet spot of my 4th starts at 80 and goes to 120 mph. I have an estimated 525 rwhp right now. (Car is heading to the dyno on thursday for a retune and Ill know exactly how much then)With the VERY short gears of the 3650 plus my 4.10s I can go from 80-120 very quickly with my power and each gear is over very fast especially 1,2 and 3. 5th is very steep. Even with 4.10s its theoretical top speed is around 211 mph if i remember right. This race was over in a very short period of time. Keep in mind I was RIGHT behind them and it was a 3 lane road(one direction). We each took a lane and I pulled immediately. We were coming up to a light and that was the reason for letting out. I may be exaggerating the length of cars. You know how it is. Its always estimated cuz of the adrenaline rush of the race and what not, lol. It might have been 3+. I just know it wasnt very close.

Last edited:

hammerhead2

Established Member
an ls3 vette will beat an intake/exhaust cobra with equal drivers every time---its a fact, no need to argue--ls3's run strong. an ls2 vette should edge out an intake exhause cobra as well, although it might be close sometimes. c6 vettes could be either ls2 or ls3---either way, both should pull on a stockish cobra, with an ls3 running away from you.

I would have to disagree a little. I have an Intake, tune, and exhaust cobra and have run a couple different LS2 vettes. Neither of them were able to edge me out nor were they supper close races. Not that I just ran off and hid from them but both races were solid wins for my car. One was an auto and one was a manual. The auto had exhaust. The manual car was stock. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe stock LS2 cars routinely trap 114mph either? (thats what my cobra traps) I have also raced a LS3 vette and it did pull me pretty solidly. It was not the best race circumstances but he did put a couple cars on me. It was a bone stock car and a auto.

Users who are viewing this thread