LS3 C6 vs 03/04 Cobra

res0n0xg

Established Member
Coming back from picking up some ammo in the DFW, TX area with my wife I pass a clean looking white Cobra, on a side street that filters onto the highway. Not sure if he noticed, but sure enough be passed by a minute later right before getting on the highway and revv'd at me.

So, we navigate through the light traffic to get ahead and setup a clean 60 roll, I try to honk it off, but i was in 2nd at 60 and both our cars were pretty damn loud, but we got a relatively close jump.

Right at the hit, he stayed relatively close with me barely pulling, and then I shift to 3rd and pull 3 cars or so through my LONG 3rd gear.

Both of us had a passenger as well, I slowed after passing a car in the center lane when it was clear they wouldn't catch up.

I'm guessing he was a standard pullied Cobra with intake/exhaust/tune from the way I pulled. That's two Cobra's down with my C6 now, makes me fairly happy, but obviously I haven't run anything more than a pullied Cobra yet.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Coming back from picking up some ammo in the DFW, TX area with my wife I pass a clean looking white Cobra, on a side street that filters onto the highway. Not sure if he noticed, but sure enough be passed by a minute later right before getting on the highway and revv'd at me.

So, we navigate through the light traffic to get ahead and setup a clean 60 roll, I try to honk it off, but i was in 2nd at 60 and both our cars were pretty damn loud, but we got a relatively close jump.

Right at the hit, he stayed relatively close with me barely pulling, and then I shift to 3rd and pull 3 cars or so through my LONG 3rd gear.

Both of us had a passenger as well, I slowed after passing a car in the center lane when it was clear they wouldn't catch up.

I'm guessing he was a standard pullied Cobra with intake/exhaust/tune from the way I pulled. That's two Cobra's down with my C6 now, makes me fairly happy, but obviously I haven't run anything more than a pullied Cobra yet.

Haha you could have possibly been racing my old car. I sold my car to a guy in Dallas back in Feb of this year. Good runs, a bolt on LS3 should pull on the basic pullied Cobra.

95blowncobra

95blowncobra
Established Member
yeah sounds right! now a kenne bell or whipple that will be a different outcome.

res0n0xg

Established Member
Haha you could have possibly been racing my old car. I sold my car to a guy in Dallas back in Feb of this year. Good runs, a bolt on LS3 should pull on the basic pullied Cobra.

Really? What are the mods done to it? It definitely had a very clean exhaust, and sounded great.

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member
Sounds like a LONG line of :bs: Lol @ assuming these are all modded pullied tuned cars that you ran because you walked away. :rollseyes

res0n0xg

Established Member
Sounds like a LONG line of :bs: Lol @ assuming these are all modded pullied tuned cars that you ran because you walked away. :rollseyes

Really? I've owned both cars so I can definitely attest to the speed of the LS3 vette. High 11's have been recorded, BONE STOCK. Not to mention I have 2.56 gearing, which is amazing for highway roll racing actually.

I make 428rwhp/415rwtq to the wheels SAE via my 6speed automatic, and a pullied Cobra makes what? Well, mine made 465rwhp/540rwtq STD using an upper and lower pulley + supporting mods.

While that's considerably higher than my vette, once this thing hits 100mph it makes the Cobra feel slow. The Cobra just doesn't make great power on the top end with the stock blower, the power falls off pretty bad past 5k RPMS, unless you go ported or move to a KB.

My old Cobra was SICK in 2nd gear, and amazing in 3rd gear, but the 4 gear is where I know it's start to not quite pull as hard.

Also, with my 6 speed auto, it's just click my paddles and go, perfect shifts, and of course my tranny is tuned also, so i'm not gonna make any mistakes.

Bballplayanick

K1ng C0bRa
Established Member
Ive raced 3 c6 vettes with my cobra with just an intake/exhaust. I beat 2 of them by 1+ cars and lost 2 one by a car (which had an exhaust and other mods from the way it sounded). Maybe they werent racing?

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Ive raced 3 c6 vettes with my cobra with just an intake/exhaust. I beat 2 of them by 1+ cars and lost 2 one by a car (which had an exhaust and other mods from the way it sounded). Maybe they werent racing?

an ls3 vette will beat an intake/exhaust cobra with equal drivers every time---its a fact, no need to argue--ls3's run strong. an ls2 vette should edge out an intake exhause cobra as well, although it might be close sometimes. c6 vettes could be either ls2 or ls3---either way, both should pull on a stockish cobra, with an ls3 running away from you.

Last edited:

res0n0xg

Established Member
how did you know the exhaust was clean?? did you check it??

good kill, sounds like a pullied car.

Because when we were pulling onto the highway entrance, it was gleaming like crazy in my headlights, so he had it nice and polished (clean) just like the rest of his Cobra.

res0n0xg

Established Member

Not necessarily, a stockish LS2 automatic car doesn't make a ton of power with just a catback and basic intake, somewhere in the 350ish range with similiar torque, so if you have intake/exhaust on your Cobra you're probably making 410rwhp, which would explain you having some close races with LS2 c6's. I absolutely murdered a stock LS2 c6 from a roll in my upper/lower pulley cobra.

Whereas a stock LS3 makes anywhere from 370rwhp (low end) to almost 400rwhp bone stock.

Users who are viewing this thread