LS2 GTO vs Terminator

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Your friend needs the driver mod..A cammed/bolton LS2 GTO would squash a stock Cobra..Even a upper/tuned Cobra would have it's hands full....I've personally seen cammed/bolton GTO's pull bottom 12's..

Hey C6, how ya been?

So, are you saying an Upper Cobra,meaning pullied would have it's hands full? I've seen far to many 11 sec. 118-119+ Pullied Cobra's out there so I have to disagree.

C6 Vette

Established Member
Hey C6, how ya been?

So, are you saying an Upper Cobra,meaning pullied would have it's hands full? I've seen far to many 11 sec. 118-119+ Pullied Cobra's out there so I have to disagree.

Been doing good man...Still have my slow stocker C6...lol

I was under the impression that upper/lower pullied Cobra's were solid 11 second cars trapping anywhere from 119-123...He descibed a upper only which should be trapping in the upper teens and running bottom 12's.....Thats right around what a cammed/bolt-on LS2 GTO are running...At least the one I seen at Sac Town last year..

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Been doing good man...Still have my slow stocker C6...lol

I was under the impression that upper/lower pullied Cobra's were solid 11 second cars trapping anywhere from 119-123...He descibed a upper only which should be trapping in the upper teens and running bottom 12's.....Thats right around what a cammed/bolt-on LS2 GTO are running...At least the one I seen at Sac Town last year..

Gotcha. Glad to hear that man.

I was thinking you said an upper Cobra meaning pullied on the upper pulley. LOL
A Stock Cobra with a decent driver will trap around 112-113. With a great driver, they might be able to squeeze a 114-115 out with ideal conditions.

Drivers race, edge to the LS2. However, that pulley swap will make it hard for even a H/C LS2.

lemons12

Established Member
OMG......

someone posts up asking what car would win out of two given cars........ all of a sudden all these people are talking about what the two cars trap...

who the **** cares what they trap? a bolt on ls2 goat will walk away from a cobra in a REAL race...

now you start talking that bull shit racing for shits and giggles girl roll racing crap... yes, the stock cobra might win by a small margin... but who gives two shits?

in a REAL race, the bolt on gto wins every time, bad river or not.. stock for stock.. drivers race, possibly the edge going to the terminator, but hard to say really..

BayareaSS

Established Member
a guy in my neighborhood has a 06 gto w a cam, lt, intake and tune When I was stock I would run even or pull a little with my upper only and tune I would put 4 cars on him at anytime when he thought he had a chance, He want to run my ported upper/lower set up but I think it will be a waste of time.
I hope this is a joke :dw:
OMG......

someone posts up asking what car would win out of two given cars........ all of a sudden all these people are talking about what the two cars trap...

who the **** cares what they trap? a bolt on ls2 goat will walk away from a cobra in a REAL race...

now you start talking that bull shit racing for shits and giggles girl roll racing crap... yes, the stock cobra might win by a small margin... but who gives two shits?

in a REAL race, the bolt on gto wins every time, bad river or not.. stock for stock.. drivers race, possibly the edge going to the terminator, but hard to say really..

Someone with this much hate for trap speeds must own an auto :lol1:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
ahahahaha I remember my auto days... a lot of losses... :(

The only reason trap was brought up is Cobras are notorious for being difficult to launch and a lot of people run from a roll for that reason. Going from a dig I say whoever has the stickiest tires wins.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Your friend needs the driver mod..A cammed/bolton LS2 GTO would squash a stock Cobra..Even a upper/tuned Cobra would have it's hands full....I've personally seen cammed/bolton GTO's pull bottom 12's..

I have seen GTOs making 430rwhp (cam & boltons) going 12.2s @ 114-115mph.. I've upper pullied Cobras going 11.6-11.8 @ 117-119mph

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
No man the Cobra will kill it dude you should be door to door with a C5 ZO I mean I don't know if you guys are driving your cars hard when you race or not but buddies of mine shift with the rath of god man seriously it's a T56 tranny you can beat on it guys you should destroy this GTSLOW

T56 is in both the GTSlow and Cobra... and running door to door with a C5 Z06?? The cars that click off low 12s/high 11s in stock form at 116~118mph??? Wow

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
cobras with 540 rwhp go 130's :)

Where? You trap 138 with 650rwhp. I trap 137 with 654 (auto, not manual). I can see mid to high 120s but not 130s unless a stripped track slut.

I've raced a 540rwhp Cobra and he trapped mid 120s.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Where? You trap 138 with 650rwhp. I trap 137 with 654 (auto, not manual). I can see mid to high 120s but not 130s unless a stripped track slut.

I've raced a 540rwhp Cobra and he trapped mid 120s.

Then that Cobra owner couldn't drive. No offense.

Pullied only Cobras making 450-460 RWHP Trap 120+ with great drivers. Now add another 100 RWHP. Do the math.

lemons12

Established Member
I hope this is a joke :dw:

Someone with this much hate for trap speeds must own an auto :lol1:

how did you guess!?! its not that i hate it... its just it doesnt matter.. if your talking roll racing, im done with this thread because thats not a race..
someone said race, i assumed a drag race.. where et matters, not trap speed..

ahahahaha I remember my auto days... a lot of losses... :(

The only reason trap was brought up is Cobras are notorious for being difficult to launch and a lot of people run from a roll for that reason. Going from a dig I say whoever has the stickiest tires wins.

lot of losses? i have wins not losses cause of mine.. :rolling:

yea, but thats not the goats problem, or anyones problem.. a race is from a dig..

HAHA yup, i think he's a stalled auto

VIG 4k:beer:

lemons12

Established Member
I rarely ran into people who were not already moving, not to mention it was an LT1. :beer:

Exactly. Most runs on the street are from a roll because you just happen to run into someone. Now runs that are setup before hand can be from a dig

most all my runs are setup... i RARELY get to kick it with people for fun.. if i do, its usually a slaughter cause its not even a car worth running..

i like digs...

Users who are viewing this thread