? LPW differential cover Install ?

chopperrescue

Established Member
I used the search and checked all 9 pages of the "How To" threads and did not see a answer so I'm asking. My lpw cover came in today and started removing my stock cover, got the fluid drained, now I'm stuck and need a little direction. I cant get the cover off, I've only removed the stock cover bolts and the 2 rear bolts that hold the differential to the brace.

Question is : Does the irs have to come out? or can this cover be installed with it in place? I cant remove the stock cover like it is.

If this is answered somewhere I apologize for starting a new thread but I didnt have any luck finding it. I'm still new at navigating the sight. Thanks again -

Last edited:

chopperrescue

Established Member
I ended up having to remove the axles and dropped the pumpkin out. It Made it much easier putting the cover on sitting out of the car. Putting it back on was still real tight, I should have ground down the raised LPW on the cover, it fits real tight up against the back mount with no room to spare. But its on now! Thanks for the link.

bodge323

Established Member
Could the cover resting on the back mount cause any problems? Like putting too much stress on the point of contact w/ the rear mount?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i needed to modify my stock rear mount to make it work with my lpw cover. just slightly, but the bushing ear definetly would have interfered with the main cap support stud. just an angle cut off of the ear. i think i had detailed it in a thread if you want to see some pics. it was a couple of years ago. best of luck with it :beer:

chopperrescue

Established Member
Could the cover resting on the back mount cause any problems? Like putting too much stress on the point of contact w/ the rear mount?

Thats a good question, I did'nt think about it while I was trying to get the pumpkin back in. Does anyone have an opinion about the rear mount making contact with the cover?

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Thats a good question, I did'nt think about it while I was trying to get the pumpkin back in. Does anyone have an opinion about the rear mount making contact with the cover?

Mine was REALLY close. I could get 4 pieces of paper between it. I have no issues with it and I occasionally look at it to look for wear. There have been none in a few months. I didn't want to grind it because it was powder coated.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...nsion-upgrade-progress-powdercoat-inside.html

It is talked a little bit in my thread.

Good luck
Alex

Users who are viewing this thread