LPE ZL1 Almost in the 10's

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
we already know....and it was expected that more power and better times would be unlocked once it was modified. The question is how aggressive is the tune and PSI boost and what gas are they really using? either way the 2013 shelby will likely be in the tens with just pulley, tune and DR's

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
They ran race gas, skinnies, NT05 Drags, pulley swap CAI swap, and a tune. As it was said, NO baseline runs posted. Seems were jumping straight to the mods now.

And honestly I believe a 11/12 GT500 with the same mods will easily match it. Let alone a 13. I am running at 122mph on my street tires with my mods.

Last edited:

Zeroescence

Established Member
Those tards will start saying that's the yard stick time now. All ZL1's can run (near) tens now. Sweeeet! :rollseyes

I can't wait till they blow up the trans or The indepent rear drivetrain.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
The most imporant modification which most of those retards don't have is The Driver.....

:lol1:

jonesd

Established Member
the fact that they even have to run race gas and still be in the 11's is a fail.

Their dynograph shows a peak boost of 15psi over the stock 7.5 psi

acrbill

Established Member
The race gas kind of mucked the whole thing up IMO. I would like to see what it runs with a pulley,93 octane tune and drag radials only since that will be the way most people will race it.

slowbra1

Established Member
Is your car stock or modified?

You have seen it on Halloween. I ran it on 91 pump gas and it would have been quicker on that pass, I hit a 1.69 60FT, damn wheel lugs were a little loose on the drivers front thought I hurt the drive shaft.

I will be at Bandimere tomorrow if its open, I will be there Wednesday also.

Come out and make some runs AD

ad445

Racing Is In My Blood
Established Member
You have seen it on Halloween. I ran it on 91 pump gas and it would have been quicker on that pass, I hit a 1.69 60FT, damn wheel lugs were a little loose on the drivers front thought I hurt the drive shaft.

I will be at Bandimere tomorrow if its open, I will be there Wednesday also.

Come out and make some runs AD

So stock...
I'll try to make it this wednesday.

04nccobra

Established Member
How funny, here is a site that preaches smaller pulley and drag radials as the gospel for the Cobra and the 500, now the ZL1 does the same and it's a fail. The 130-mph indicates the power was there for a 10:60s run, also notice the 1/8 mile mph was rather slow for the time so all the power is coming on the big end.

I too would have liked to see the car rung out n/a, but these performance shops are battling to be the first to run the numbers. I look at it like this, we have one disappointing auto stock run, and one decent modified run on the car that has been on the street for a week.

chuckstang

Established Member
we already know....and it was expected that more power and better times would be unlocked once it was modified. The question is how aggressive is the tune and PSI boost and what gas are they really using? either way the 2013 shelby will likely be in the tens with just pulley, tune and DR's
Dont expect much gain with a pulley change as its already very small. But the 13following should do 10sthat either with just tires or maybe will need a tune but thats it

chuckstang

Established Member
You guys realize that a mere gt 5.0 can eun 10s easier than the zl1. The zl1 is a complete fail as for drag racing

Users who are viewing this thread