Lowering springs

svo600

Established Member
I apologize in advance, im sure there is a hundred threads on springs but I havent been able to find comparisons to the eibach pro kit and the eibach extreme, as far as looks and performance which set do you guys think would be best with some 20" wheels or is it a no go because it would rub?

Black Sex

Established Member
I just installed some Steeda Compertition springs on my '11 (SVTPP). It didn't lower the front too much but the rear came down quite a bit. The car now sits almost level. Im guessing I have somewhere around an inch of wheel well. The car actually looks like it sags in the rear because of the rear tire being taller but if you measure it there is about 1/4" difference. I only have about 5 miles on it since lowering the car and I think it might ride better than it did with stock springs.
I don't think you would have any problems running 20's with these springs. But if you're looking to slam the car these springs aren't what you want. Steeda advertises 1" drop in the front and 1.2" in the rear. Sorry I don't have any pic yet.

svo600

Established Member
thanks for the info, yeah im not looking to slam it as much as make it perform better and get that massive gap out of the rear, If thats your black car in the pick thats gorgous btw!

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I common spring that many people are using now is the Roush Springs. They are a 1-1.25" drop all around. It is low enough where it cleans up the gap, keeps the ride quality very smooth and firm and not to low.

Something else to look into that's all.

Black Sex

Established Member
thanks for the info, yeah im not looking to slam it as much as make it perform better and get that massive gap out of the rear, If thats your black car in the pick thats gorgous btw!

Yeah thats mine. The pic was taken before the lowering springs. I will try to get some newer pics up soon. Unleashedbeast has some pics of his car that my springs came out of.
I ran Steeda sports on my 04 Cobra and really liked them which was my reasoning for going with Steeda springs again.

myblackgt

MPG LOL
Established Member
Yeah thats mine. The pic was taken before the lowering springs. I will try to get some newer pics up soon. Unleashedbeast has some pics of his car that my springs came out of.
I ran Steeda sports on my 04 Cobra and really liked them which was my reasoning for going with Steeda springs again.

im gonna need a ride to test out the new springs :D

ill bring my camera too!

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member

The only difference is...

the added weight of the iron block in my car allowed for a bit more drop in the front.

Steeda Comp springs, stock struts/shocks

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

Cobra Jet spring front
QA1 12-150 springs rear

8944777a.jpg

68d20465.jpg

5610f5ef.jpg

Last edited:

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We've actually got Eibach Pro-Kit's and Sportlines in stock.

Pro-Kit
Eibach 2007-2012 Shelby GT500 Pro Kit Lowering Springs [35115.140] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Sportlines
Eibach 2007-2012 Shelby GT500 Sportline Lowering Springs [4.11535] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

The Pro-Kit might be the best set up for you for a street driven car. An inch in the front, and 1.2 in the rear. You shouldn't have an issue with 20" wheels with the Pro-Kit either.

Let me know if you have any other questions..

Thanks!

John

Black Sex

Established Member
im gonna need a ride to test out the new springs :D

ill bring my camera too!

Sounds like a dude on dude date.....

The only difference is...

the added weight of the iron block in my car allowed for a bit more drop in the front.

Steeda Comp springs, stock struts/shocks

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

Cobra Jet spring front
QA1 12-150 springs rear

8944777a.jpg

68d20465.jpg

5610f5ef.jpg
The car basically sits level now so thats all I was worried about. The front end does seem to "bob" alittle going down the road. I'm not sure if it is more or less than before the springs since I haven't drove the car much in the last two months. But I figure it has something to do with the lighter front end

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
The car basically sits level now so thats all I was worried about. The front end does seem to "bob" alittle going down the road. I'm not sure if it is more or less than before the springs since I haven't drove the car much in the last two months. But I figure it has something to do with the lighter front end

If you still have stock shocks, that's why. That a heavy 225 in./lb. rate linear front spring with only a stock valved damper trying to control it. Get some adjustable to tune the "bob" out. I didn't notice that because the iron block is so much heavier than your aluminum counterpart.

svo600

Established Member
thanks everyone, you guys are awesome, doesnts sound like I can go wrong here as all the pics look amazing, ill post mine after i get rid of the 4x4 look lol.

Black Sex

Established Member
If you still have stock shocks, that's why. That a heavy 225 in./lb. rate linear front spring with only a stock valved damper trying to control it. Get some adjustable to tune the "bob" out. I didn't notice that because the iron block is so much heavier than your aluminum counterpart.

That is plan for next winter. The next things on my list are UCA, aluminum D.S., get rid of the converters...maybe some LT's :shrug:.
Thanks for advice though. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread