Lowering springs..

T-Town MW

Established Member
Eibach Sportline
IMG_8049.JPG

merkyworks

Established Member
How is the ride quality of air bags Vs FRPP springs?

I have been wanting to shed the 4x4 look but I DD mine and the roads aren't always the greatest.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Couple of thoughts/questions....

1. What all needs to be changed with the drop???
2. Just springs will kill pinion angle I have been told??
3. Pinion more important on a GT500 than GT because of one piece shaft?
4. How about adjust-ability of suspension away from stock springs?

I think that before I make any changes I will map out a complete strategy for what I want as far as ride-height and handling go. I love the changes the sport button bring and would hate to lose that. Enjoying the stock...putting up with the 4X4 comments for now!

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
How is the ride quality of air bags Vs FRPP springs?

I have been wanting to shed the 4x4 look but I DD mine and the roads aren't always the greatest.
The ride quality is great. I don't get bump steer and the ride is 30 step adjustable. The only down side to the system is the adjustment is manual and done at each bag top. It's not hard to do though. You can go from pillow soft to stiff as a board.

Couple of thoughts/questions....

1. What all needs to be changed with the drop???
2. Just springs will kill pinion angle I have been told??
3. Pinion more important on a GT500 than GT because of one piece shaft?
4. How about adjust-ability of suspension away from stock springs?

I think that before I make any changes I will map out a complete strategy for what I want as far as ride-height and handling go. I love the changes the sport button bring and would hate to lose that. Enjoying the stock...putting up with the 4X4 comments for now!

1. I don't think you have to change anything depending on how far you drop. You can just get an alignment and roll. I chose to do upper control arm, lower control arm, lca relocation brackets, and a panhard bar.

2. I don't know the answer to that, when I had mine aligned I asked to have it checked. I don't think it's ever needed to be adjusted.

3. Don't know the anser to this either but it might also be the power levels.

4. Not sure what you mean, but if you're referring to the bilsteins they still worked it was just a little bit stiffer in normal mode and a pretty good bit stiffer in sport mode.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Sportlines will basically eliminate the fender well gap. BUT, you do have to be careful with tire/wheel selection. there really is no room for error with sportlines. with the Pro or similar you can have sticky-outies and not rub.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like the E. Pros are the way to go. I wonder what the stock spring rates are and what the Pros spring rates are as well...

Thanks for the info Steve.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
4. Not sure what you mean, but if you're referring to the bilsteins they still worked it was just a little bit stiffer in normal mode and a pretty good bit stiffer in sport mode.[/QUOTE]

Thanks and yes the Bilsteins was my concern.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Sounds like the E. Pros are the way to go. I wonder what the stock spring rates are and what the Pros spring rates are as well...

Thanks for the info Steve.

you can google that info. i found it when i was doing research. you can also look on AM and other vendors sites. a lot of times they list them. also the majority of these springs are progressive springs. which means they'll ride nice until compressed and then slightly stiffen for better handling. thats why you'll see dual spring rates mentioned. more for street cars. bmr makes linear springs which keeps the spring rate the same for more predictable handling. where you dont hit a dip in a curve and the car feels weird because the spring rate just changed. just fyi.

Users who are viewing this thread