Lowering springs..

SinisterMustang

Established Member

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
+1 on H&R Super Sports, love how they dropped my vert and ride not bad either..here are a couple pics...
1.JPG2.JPG

MastaAce03

Established Member
If you plan going with the H&R Super sports, I'll have some for sale in the next week or so.

SlowVert

Established Member
+1 on H&R Super Sports, love how they dropped my vert and ride not bad either..here are a couple pics...
View attachment 74707View attachment 74708

Love how that looks... any other suspension work for that setup (assume panhard bar) and most important - hows in on the rougher roads.... I'd love to drop my Vert but fear doing so on the NY roads... if I lived in the south with their super smooth roads it would be dropped already.

J.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Love how that looks... any other suspension work for that setup (assume panhard bar) and most important - hows in on the rougher roads.... I'd love to drop my Vert but fear doing so on the NY roads... if I lived in the south with their super smooth roads it would be dropped already.

J.

Thanks...yea just a double adj pan hard bar...most of the roads I cruise on are mainly suburb so they are not tore up to bad

T-Town MW

Established Member
I have Eibach Sportline on my '13 and they turned out perfect. Initially tried Steeda Sport springs but I felt they weren't low enough. I'd post a pic but having difficulty figuring out how to on my iPhone.

Gjb

I am also looking into lowering my 2014 vert. I am leaning towards the Steeda springs, but was concerned the drop was to much, which is funny seeing the opposite with T-Towns comment. T-Town, I didn't think the Eibach springs were compatible with the vert? Did you have to install a panhard bar as well?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
How are drop springs affecting shelbys with the performance pack with the electronically adjustable dampners?

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
How are drop springs affecting shelbys with the performance pack with the electronically adjustable dampners?
For me the Ford springs tightened up the car a little bit in normal and a decent bit in sport. There was a little bit of bump steer also. I was good with the ride and handling but wanted to be even lower.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
For me the Ford springs tightened up the car a little bit in normal and a decent bit in sport. There was a little bit of bump steer also. I was good with the ride and handling but wanted to be even lower.

Which springs did you get exactly, link?

Do you have any pics of the car with the springs on?

blue 07

Established Member
I am doing the same on my 13 GT500 coupe over the winter, interested to see some pics of lowered GT500's as well. I have Steeda springs on my 07 and have no issues......

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Thanks for sharing man, Just trying to get some ideas on the drop.
np.. imo the Eibach pro kit gives the best look spring wise for these cars. I wouldn't have been able to get in and out of my driveway with anything lower than the Ford springs though. I was already scraping with them.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
We need some pics of cars with the eibach pro and sportline to compare. As well as steeda...

Pics anyone?

Gjb

np.. imo the Eibach pro kit gives the best look spring wise for these cars. I wouldn't have been able to get in and out of my driveway with anything lower than the Ford springs though. I was already scraping with them.
I also have a steep driveway and don't want to drop it to much where I am scraping into the garage.. I like the level and drop with the FRPP springs.. I am wondering if they would be fine with a vert since they say coupe only. I did confirm they will fit, but since the verts are heavier, the stance and handling may differ. The Steeda springs advertise a 1.2"front/1.5"back drop which may be to much for me

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
We need some pics of cars with the eibach pro and sportline to compare. As well as steeda...

Pics anyone?
Here is a picture of kyGT500's car with the eibach pro springs-

IMG_8497.jpg

IMG_8470-1.jpg

dizaam is putting it lightly.

I also have a steep driveway and don't want to drop it to much where I am scraping into the garage.. I like the level and drop with the FRPP springs.. I am wondering if they would be fine with a vert since they say coupe only. I did confirm they will fit, but since the verts are heavier, the stance and handling may differ. The Steeda springs advertise a 1.2"front/1.5"back drop which may be to much for me

There's always air lift if you want to get really low and still be able to pop the front end up to drive right into your driveway without scraping. I can go from flat out to stock height. I'm running R888 315's on the back with no scrape even at my low running heights. Being fully adjustable can't be defeated. I got the idea for bags from pictures of gallopinford's vert so I know you can do it.

20161030_091906-1_zpsz8ty027t.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread