Lowering Springs Installation

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Hey all!!
I am going to order a set of H&R SS lowering springs. Can anyone help me install them? I have access to a lift on Fort Belvoir here in VA, but will be willing to drive if necessary to MD (seeing as how thats where everyone is mostly).
Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys!

TRBO VNM

before someone else posts something about me doing springs(IronTerp), I have done many sets and am actually planning to do 2 tomorrow for Mike and Darryl. Darryl's may have to wait due to his job responsibilities though.

anyway, where is this base in VA? You might have to be pretty specific here. From MIR would I go south on 301 or do I need to go over the Wilson Bridge or what?

depending on the distance I may just have you come here if you want me to help. do you have access to air tools and everything there to? If so, I might just drive there then.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Anthony, I did mine at Bolling AFB hobby shop on a frame lift with a friend of mine's help. The fronts I had him do but the rears are cake. Either way is easier for me to lend a hand at Bolling or over Jason's. I'm always willing to help a fellow CT. Make sure you get the MM isolators dude (front & rear)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
wutwine
In order to get to Ft Belvoir you would need to cross the Wilson Bridge, but will give you exact driving directions if you plan on coming here. But it would be a pretty far drive which is why I would not mind travelling up there to you guys.
As far as air tools are concerned, yes they have them, as well as a frame lift.

marlon
yes i will definately get the front and rear isolaters, heard they would not look right without them.

teongies

Established Member
I would see about doing it at Bolling, it is probably closer to Jason. Also I use Ft Belvoir to work on my car only because it is closer to where I live. Although I haven't used the shop at Bolling I'm pretty sure that it will be in better condition than the one at Belvoir, USAF facilities usually are.

Tom

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

ya know, I have this down to such a science that we should probably just do it here. would that be ok? mainly because I haven't done them on a lift yet and don't want to deal with figuring out a new process. Just take too much time I think. when I get my 4 post lift I will have jacking trays and stuff to use, but I don't know what they have at the base and don't want to get caught trying to figure something out at last minute. know what I mean?

anyway, let me know. this sunday afternoon might be ok. If not, the following saturday, 11th?

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
This sunday would be great if thats ok with you.
I can bring some steaks with me, and some beer. Just let me know what kind, ribeye, t-bone etc.
Looking forward to it!!

TRBO VNM

as of right now it looks pretty good. considering my car might still be on jack stands. that is the only thing you might need to bring is 2 jack stands. I have a floor jack, but my car is taking up my 4 stands I have.

TRBO VNM

Sailing2Smth said:
OK, is that something that I can get from autozone or advance auto parts?

yeah, pick up a couple 2.5 or 3 ton jack stands. also from sears. check the base, they may have some. can you borrow them for the afternoon?

TRBO VNM

Sailing2Smth said:
Not certain but I will definately ask. This is going to be fun transporting two 3 ton jack stands in my Cobra, lol.

oh dude, they are small and weigh like 5lb each. not sure what you think 3ton jack stands are, 3 ton is the amount of weight they can handle or hold up and these are the things you set the car on after jacking it up with the floor jack. make sense or am I missing something regarding putting them in your cobra?

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
oh dude, they are small and weigh like 5lb each. not sure what you think 3ton jack stands are, 3 ton is the amount of weight they can handle or hold up and these are the things you set the car on after jacking it up with the floor jack. make sense or am I missing something regarding putting them in your cobra?

no i think my dumbass is thinking of something different.. :read:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Sailing2Smth said:
wutwine
In order to get to Ft Belvoir you would need to cross the Wilson Bridge, but will give you exact driving directions if you plan on coming here. But it would be a pretty far drive which is why I would not mind travelling up there to you guys.
As far as air tools are concerned, yes they have them, as well as a frame lift.

marlon
yes i will definately get the front and rear isolaters, heard they would not look right without them.

Did you get the front and rear isolators yet? If not I have a brand new set, MM front and rear.

TRBO VNM

PM me your number. I tried PM'ing you and it doesn't appear you accept them. Need to figure out time and just need to be in contact and I need to get you my address for directions and stuff.\

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread