Lowering Spring Questions

daustin

Established Member
I'm thinking of getting some Steeda progressive lowering springs. Other than an alignment, is there anything else I need? Car has 700 miles on it so I don't think I want new struts and shocks yet.

I know I don't need to worry about a panhard bar like I did on my '12 and '14.

Do I need upper strut mounts or anything else?

I just want to close the gap up a bit.

Thanks.

BMR Tech

I'm thinking of getting some Steeda progressive lowering springs. Other than an alignment, is there anything else I need? Car has 700 miles on it so I don't think I want new struts and shocks yet.

I know I don't need to worry about a panhard bar like I did on my '12 and '14.

Do I need upper strut mounts or anything else?

I just want to close the gap up a bit.

Thanks.

You will want to ensure that you trim the bump stops. I assume they will show you where to trim them in the instructions.

As for the upper mounts, I have not seen the issues with them, as I have with the S197....but, you may want to put a new set on, just to be safe. I have re-used mine on my cars (S550s) a few times with no issues.

Camber - somewhat subjective. You may, or may not exceed the OEM specs. I suggest acquiring at a minimum, our FC003 Camber Bolts. The S550 design is robust and strong - and we have put them through serious road course abuse thus far. However, if you plan to road course the car...I highly suggest caster/camber plates.

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&vehicleid=24&maincatid=113&catid=425

Out back, the alignment shop may tell you different...but there IS camber adjustment from the factory. The upper camber link attaches to the cradle with a bolt that features a slotted hole. Make sure the alignment tech knows this! Every day of the week, I have alignment shops call me to tell me that there is no adjustment there....but they are incorrect.

Good luck, and enjoy!

daustin

Established Member
I just swapped mune out with no issues. It does take a week or so to settle down

Great to hear!

You will want to ensure that you trim the bump stops. I assume they will show you where to trim them in the instructions.

As for the upper mounts, I have not seen the issues with them, as I have with the S197....but, you may want to put a new set on, just to be safe. I have re-used mine on my cars (S550s) a few times with no issues.

Camber - somewhat subjective. You may, or may not exceed the OEM specs. I suggest acquiring at a minimum, our FC003 Camber Bolts. The S550 design is robust and strong - and we have put them through serious road course abuse thus far. However, if you plan to road course the car...I highly suggest caster/camber plates.

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&vehicleid=24&maincatid=113&catid=425

Out back, the alignment shop may tell you different...but there IS camber adjustment from the factory. The upper camber link attaches to the cradle with a bolt that features a slotted hole. Make sure the alignment tech knows this! Every day of the week, I have alignment shops call me to tell me that there is no adjustment there....but they are incorrect.

Good luck, and enjoy!

Thanks for all of the information! I need to take a look at your products as well. I've heard nothing but good things about BMR! And now that you posted, I remembered my buddy has some of your springs on his S550 and loves them.

daustin

Established Member

Good luck, and enjoy!

Ordered your SP080 springs and camber/caster plates. Can't wait to install them. Couldn't pass up Lethal's hurricane sale.

Users who are viewing this thread