Lowering question

Mustang289

Established Member
Got a pretty much stock 04. I want to try and close some of the gap between tire and fender. Only catch is I've got about 1" of clearance pulling into my driveway. What is the best way to reduce this gap? How much would 18" wheels close this gap?

87poopstang

Established Member
Not enough. Welcome to my world I hit the front end pulling into my driveway every time. The price u pay till you got enough to fix the d/way lol

dom418

Established Member
18's will not close the gap much because you just have less side wall vs the 17" rim. H&R racing springs seem to be popular

lilcoop03

Established Member
go with H&R race spings. lowered good look but not as low as the sport springs. i hate the stock 4x4 look...that HAS to go

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
18 wont do anything! bigger wheel, less tire sidewall. it will make it look worse. Lower it with H&R race, stock ISO's, and fix the driveway.

mrose75

Established Member
18's will not close the gap much because you just have less side wall vs the 17" rim. H&R racing springs seem to be popular

This. Get some lowering springs, coil-overs or something. I actually check driveways before getting a house, as silly as that sounds.

Bigggy

Established Member
Park your car in reverse in your driveway, sometimes it will be better that way, sometimes it will be worse, try it!

X3FBrian

Established Member
Eibach sport springs. No isos. Car is slammed and the worst driveway possible. Wouldn't trade the stance for anything

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Also check your driveway for any change in slope from left to right at the street/sidewalk area. With my driveway if you come in at an angle from the right side so can clear it. From the left side, no. My son-in-law has a Z06 and we discovered this. Now he doesn't have to park on the street when he visits.

604cobra

lethal1
Established Member
I'm too slammed it can be a pain, but i love it....I do what cobra bob does my driveways the same , I come in from an angle thats not steep. It only took me forever to find my technique
2012-05-27_20-52-45_42.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread