Lowering Options / Recommendation

tpaukovits

Established Member
Looking for some advice here on my lowering options...

Last year I installed HR Race springs with the stock rims / tires. While the car had a good stance, it was still not the look i was trying to get.

This past weekend I removed all four stock rims / tires and installed 18 inch staggered rims. In the rear i'm running 18x10.5 with 315x30x18 tires and in the front I have 18x9 rim with 275/35/18 tires. I'm back to having a 3 in gap between my fender and tire in the rear, and a 2.5in gap up front. What do you guys recommend? I'm thinking that i should remove the springs and go with a coilover kit, but i now nothing about coilovers. Can they be adjusted (approx 4 in) to get the perfect ride height? Are they easy to adjust?

I also saw some guys cut their springs, so I'm looking for options / recommendations. I did see that MM makes a pretty good coilover. Thoughts?

tpaukovits

Established Member
Thanks for the links. I'm not sure what ISO's are installed. I'm guessing stock but not 100% sure since I had a garage install them last year.

tpaukovits

Established Member
Any other recommendations? If I remove an ISO or two I doubt I'll be able to get 2.5 inches lower.

KLLR SNK

Established Member
Are you sure the springs are sitting in the perches correctly? Also did you have the car aligned professionally after the springs were installed? Sounds like you have a lot of positive camber that raises the car and puts a gap between the tire and fender.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
steeda's. no rear ISO's. all factory ISO's in the front.

DSC00072-1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread