Lowering help

Regan3521

Established Member
Hi, I'm looking into lowering my 03 convertible cobra soon but i don't know what springs to get. the problem is i don't know how it would look with the different springs set, i don't want to go to low but i dont want to stay too high ether, if you have any pics or what ur cobras look like and what springs you use it would help a bunch for me to pick a set. i was also wondering when you lower the rear end does it tend to camber a lot like the front does and if so how do you fix it. Thanks :p

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
There`s a boat load of threads on this w/pics.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...1/254023-complete-lowering-spring-thread.html
Mine,1 coil cut in the rear and almost a full coil cut up front.
007.jpg

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
I'll help you out becuase you are a fellow Vert owner...I'd normally tell you to go use the search function

I'd recomend you go with the Race, the progressive spring rates really help out the convertibles..they'll also help reduce wheel hop.

H&R Race...top rear iso removed, all other iso's in place:
Ians25th.jpg

CIMG0205.jpg

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Cut coupe springs here. I had Eibach's on it but they were too low. I scraped almost everything. The rear geometry will slightly change but can easily be fixed with a 4-wheel alignment. It would probably be a good idea to invest in a nice set of caster-camber plates for the front to get all your alignment specs back.

Last edited:

svt2ner

Established Member
For a vert I wouldnt recommend anything but h&r race springs just imo. Ive had sport and cut coupe springs.

DSCN1066.gif

Users who are viewing this thread