lowered my 02 ;)

6spd

Established Member
I've been planning on doing this for a while, with parts just sitting collecting dust in my house but its all finally on and i couldn't be happier with the results.

I KNOW this will not be for everyone, and that's cool with me, I'm the one that's driving it right? ;-) after the first test drive today (adjustable stuff not really dialed in) i was VERY impressed with the ride, it drove really tight like on coilovers but absorbed bumps extremely well. Components i went with:

Ridetech E2 Ridepro Digital Management system
Ridetech Ridepro Valve manifolds
3 Gallon Aluminum tank with a Viair 444C compressor (single)
Front: Koni Adjustable struts + Ridetech Coolride Bags
Rear: Ridetech Master Series Adjustable Shockwaves

Sorry for the subpar Blackberry-quality pics:

IMG-20120320-00161

IMG-20120320-00159

IMG-20120320-00158

IMG-20120320-00156

IMG-20120331-00178

IMG-20120331-00179

IMG-20120421-00203

IMG-20120421-00204

Last edited:

street591

®®®®
Established Member
Looks perfect. Car looks tits!

+1 on the price of it all. I have looked at airride and accuair but not much on ridetech. How was the kit and install?

OU812

Established Member
I had the airride set-up on one of my old GTs, it's not a bad deal but it tends to kill your struts/shocks a lot faster. I also had major problems with front tire wear so if you drive the car a lot it's not something I would recommend.

Stevo151

Established Member
That's awesome! It's actually crazy how little weight gain there is bagging a car. Wasn't the bagged terminator on here only 40+ pounds more with his system? Maybe I'm wrong. Anyways that looks great man, I love it!

SALEEN67

EXTREEME
Established Member
I think i know the car,have the same in vert...lol ,but mine is freshly painted with new colour.very nice

6spd

Established Member
Thanks for all the compliments!

looks amazing! how much did this setup run if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks! appreciate it! As far as price goes, it will vary depending on what you want out of your kit. The Digital management kits are a little more pricey but there are some great deals out there if you are patient enough to find them. My entire suspension (including new koni adj. front struts) ran me just under the $3000 mark, which is really not bad considering all my components are brand new (except the controller), and i also got some really good deals on certain components. Again, depending on what you choose that amount can go up or down. If your not comfortable installing it, you'll have to set aside some money for installation as well.

I had the airride set-up on one of my old GTs, it's not a bad deal but it tends to kill your struts/shocks a lot faster. I also had major problems with front tire wear so if you drive the car a lot it's not something I would recommend.

Interesting! I went with foxbody sized koni's in the front since they're shorter travel, so maybe the wear and tear will be a little better im hoping, if not, they're just struts haha ;-) as far as the rears go, they're the shockwaves from ridetech designed for the 99-04 mustang and designed with constant compression in mind so again, im hoping they are a little more durable:rolling:

That's sick, I love it!

edit: How much would you say it weighs?

Thanks! yea honestly I didn't weigh it all out but i can say that by feel, the front bags w brackets + rear shockwaves (which is a bag on a strut) combined felt close to the weight of my 4 eibach springs. The rear shockwaves especially, they practically weigh nothing.

That's awesome! It's actually crazy how little weight gain there is bagging a car. Wasn't the bagged terminator on here only 40+ pounds more with his system? Maybe I'm wrong. Anyways that looks great man, I love it!

Thanks! appreciate it! I was definitely surprised too. For me the heaviest component is the compressor by far but that's pretty much it! i went with a tiny 3 gallon aluminum tank and a single compressor setup so i definitely didn't gain too much weight haha. I guess it just depends on how elaborate you want your setup in the trunk, ie) with false floors, sound deadening, multiple compressors etc... I just went with a thin mdf board as a base with carpet and a little bit of foam for noise (ill have to post up completed trunk pics, turned out really nice) I just run the stock mustang stereo stuff, and i would say this kit probably weighs less than a typical 2 sub setup, and definitely takes up less space :beer: I still have like 90% of my trunk i can use:rolling:

Last edited:

95riosnake

Established Member
Some will hate on air ride, but I would love to have air. Just imagine seeing a speed bump and not having to turn around, or easily entering a steep parking lot or driveway entrance, oh the possibilities!

The car looks amazing, and mineral gray is in my top 5 favorite mustang colors. Awesome work man!

Users who are viewing this thread