lower s/c pully rubber has play

icyrolly

icyrolly 03 cobra
Established Member
My lower pulley has a little play in the rubber bushings. Has any body replaced the pully with stock unit? If so what is cost? Is just as much to put quick change lower on it? I about to do head gaskets and most of this crap has to be removed any way.

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
its a unit..pulley and cage...$700area...

do search..4lb lower with stock cage ,,,

the rubbers can be changed,,,mine is on its last leg,,rubbers have been beating to death to where holes are now egged out and post that rubbers sits over is the size of a tooth pick...its been 3months since the last time i added new rubber and its holdinf ok..

there could be alittle movement in rubbers..mine was like 2 inch move back and forth with just pulling on belt...i found a used 1 but he beat the hell out of it trying to get it off..still debating 70 bucks is still cheap

TRBO VNM

its a unit..pulley and cage...$700area...

do search..4lb lower with stock cage ,,,

the rubbers can be changed,,,mine is on its last leg,,rubbers have been beating to death to where holes are now egged out and post that rubbers sits over is the size of a tooth pick...its been 3months since the last time i added new rubber and its holdinf ok..

there could be alittle movement in rubbers..mine was like 2 inch move back and forth with just pulling on belt...i found a used 1 but he beat the hell out of it trying to get it off..still debating 70 bucks is still cheap

WTF? 2" movement back and forth by hand? I haven't seen one have considerable play, let alone 2"

Users who are viewing this thread