Lower Pulley

SVTshelby

Established Member
my car has the basic upper pulley/jlt/tune. the IS a daily driver rain or shine. I wanted to do the lower pulley but had a few questions.

1) is it safe for the motor? still going to be reliable?
2) Car runs pump gas (93 here) and is this going to be adequate for the boost level?

My main concern is the reliability, it is my only way of transportation and dont exactely want to blow it up haha. any info would help

ivandrea

Established Member
This one is a lot better than the 2 aliens in the shower. That one was just creepy.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
ive got the 2.59 upper @nathan, How much power does your setup make? (and what kind of dyno)

I make right at 530whp on a mustang dyno, which is about 30whp more than a couple 2011s make with just the upper and tune on the same dyno.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
So you didn't get a base line pull? :nonono:

Not that day. I know of two 2011s that have gotten thier baselines and then had the pulley and tune installed and they went from ~450whp to right at 500 whp. My car is a little fat af wise, but it runs 21-22 deg of timing.

I might be pulling it off soon to sell to help fund a bigger blower, so maybe I will do a before and after then to see what kind of delta there from its removal.

Bigmike0405

8)
Established Member
Not that day. I know of two 2011s that have gotten thier baselines and then had the pulley and tune installed and they went from ~450whp to right at 500 whp. My car is a little fat af wise, but it runs 21-22 deg of timing.

I might be pulling it off soon to sell to help fund a bigger blower, so maybe I will do a before and after then to see what kind of delta there from its removal.

I also didn't do a baseline run. But I made 470whp and 500wtq with a fat A/F on a mustang dyno. We just got me on the dyno just to check the A/F so I can drive it until this weekend which is when I get my Idler pulley ( brenspeed lost it during shipping ) and I will retune and see how well she does.

BigDan

Established Member
All the stock 2011 GT500's at my dyno day were making 521-522whp and the 2011 5.0's were making 365-370whp.

Numbers dont mean much without a baseline due to 100hp swings you can get on stock car's.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Yep. I don't try to compare different cars from different dynos. When I was bone stock it did around 470whp on that dyno, but the air was much better that day. I am content in the delta from other cars on the dyno with the same settings.
There was a 2011 with the FRPP750 kit that did right at 600whp on the same dyno, so I know it is a little conservative, I couldn't say how much for sure though.

--------
Established Member
i've heard of this causing problems with the rotating assembly...anyone had these problems?????
601500.jpg

svtmadman

Established Member
I just took my combo off (600rwhp on pump 93, i have the dyno graph to back it up) I will sell upper and lower for $500. Im in Maryville (Lower is an Innovators West 10%btw)

Last edited:

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
i've heard of this causing problems with the rotating assembly...anyone had these problems?????
601500.jpg

No. I have never even read anything on problems. The lowers are pretty common, although they are a little pricey. The added boost may only make 20 whp up top, but the added torque is a good deal higher.
I did run into the "catalytic converter impingement" issue that sounded a lot like detonation, but getting rid of the cats cleared it up. My shop was told about it by some of the Ford racing engineers. The car runs well now, but it really spins with all of the low end grunt.

--------
Established Member
right now lol my mods include
Evo Stage II Kit (14lbs boost)
Bassani 1 7/8" stepped headers, 3" O/R mid, 3" X, 3" straight through Bassani race
Heat Exchanger
Short throw
BRM (custom) race suspension (awesome mod)

To come..3:73 gears and aluminum driveshaft...but i was looking for a lil more power...just not ready to step up to the KB yet...thats why i was wondering about the lower pulley
601500.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread