Lower Pulley Auto Car

BigWill90

Established Member
I can't break the the lower pulley bolt with turning the crank , trying to figure how to lock the converter .

03' White Snake

Established Member
I've heard people using a pipe and sledge hammer on the spokes of the crank pulley. It takes a quick shock to break it free. The lower crank pulley for the super charger is reverse thread in case you were doing it wrong.

AbrahamSVT03

Established Member
I've heard people using a pipe and sledge hammer on the spokes of the crank pulley. It takes a quick shock to break it free. The lower crank pulley for the super charger is reverse thread in case you were doing it wrong.

I did that, just 2 o 3 hard hits and poof ! done the pulley can be unscrew , Don't fight with your own strength

DukesI3

Established Member
I've also seen a jack used to get the turn started from underneath on a long handle. If you don't feel like hammering.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Agree with above I did both put a breaker bar on it jack it up a little to put some tension. Then took the jack handle off put it on the spoke hit it with a sledge (pretty lightly actually) and popped loose first tap. Surprised me thought it'd be much harder.

Users who are viewing this thread