Lower Intake Gasket

BraMas

Established Member
So it seems that the Lower intake gasket has become one of the rarest gaskets for a 96/98 4V.:shrug: I have been searching for weeks and can't seem to find any. It appears both Fel-pro and Victor Reinz have discontinued them.
Does anyone have any suggestions where to look. I did talk to ModMax and they said they have some on order but he wasn't sure when they would get in.
My lower set has a couple of rips in the rubber looks like I might have to use RTV?
I have tried almost every Major Mustang supplier
Rock Auto
Amazon
eBay
I believe the FEL-PRO # is MS95833

BraMas

Established Member
No I can find those. the ones in between the IMRC's and the head
You might know this or even tried it but can you modify the IMRC/Intake gaskets so they will work as the IMRC/Head gasket

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
What's wrong with your old gaksets? You can't modify the others to fit.

Aluminum IMRCs correct?

Last edited:

BraMas

Established Member
MMR Sells them.
They told me they where out of stock
and my old ones have a couple of small tears in the blue rubber flexible part of the gaskets. I have had the intake off a few times the past couple of years I assume it took it's toll on them
And yes the Aluminum IMRC's

Last edited:

KoBra_98

TT04 98KoBra 70Boss302
Established Member
get the ones for the mark VIII they were cheaper then the ford part and the same, i got mine at o'reillys

BraMas

Established Member
does anyone know why the Mark VIII has a different part # for the lower gasket?
If looks like it is just a normal flimsy one unlike the Cobra plastic one
Fel-Pro MS95714.
I believe I found a Cobra gasket. Supplier says it is the last one in the warehouse in the US

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I have some composite deletes with brand new lower gaskets for sale if you're interested in going that route.

4valved

Banned
idk why your having difficulty finding it i just called napa and oriellys and both of them have it napa has next day delivery to

BraMas

Established Member
idk why your having difficulty finding it i just called napa and oriellys and both of them have it napa has next day delivery to
I talked to both of them also. Oriellys told me there are none at any of their stores/warehouse and NAPA was the only place that had only 1 in stock and that was in Cali and I'm in MI and I ordered that one
So what did you say to them that both of those place all of a sudden have them in stock? Are you sure they didn't look up the Upper intake gasket because yes everybody does have that one

Last edited:

Tyler72

Established Member
The oreillys site said it was available online. Not in the store though. Personally I've never tried ordering online though so I can't really vouch on it.

Tyler72

Established Member
I just looked again... you are right. It now says out of stock, but when I checked it the other night it said they were available to order...

BraMas

Established Member
Did I mention that I have some composite deletes with new gaskets for sale...
yes I seen that I'm not ready to go that route yet. :beer:
Did you see my post asking what the difference in MK VIII vs. the Cobra gasket. I see 2 different part #'s but I always assumed the IMRC's where one of the common parts ?

Users who are viewing this thread