Lower grill inserts

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Mine with the SVT stencil
20140828_115525 (2).jpg

Caseindaplace

Established Member
Does any company make a new bracket for these? If not I’ll have to sand mine and paint it, it’s rusted and looks like crap

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Does any company make a new bracket for these? If not I’ll have to sand mine and paint it, it’s rusted and looks like crap

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

No. Having them blasted and re-coated is the way to go. Even better if they match your heat exchanger:

Heat%20exchanger%20composite.jpg

No goofy stencil on the front either:

Heat%20exchanger%20view.jpg

Caseindaplace

Established Member
Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I’ll have to do this, powder coating is probably the best.

Does removing the bracket involve bumper removal?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I'm not sure if bumper removal is "required," but it sure does make the job a hell of a lot easier. Besides, removing the bumper is really not that difficult, so I would recommend it.

Now, that I think about it, part of the bracket goes behind the foam bumper insert. So, you might have to remove the bumper in order to remove the foam. Or you might have to trim the foam to get the bracket out. I removed everything so it came out easy.

blownfox

Established Member
I’ll have to do this, powder coating is probably the best.

Does removing the bracket involve bumper removal?

Removing the bumper is easy and make the removal of the brackets extremely easy. I can have my bumper off in 15 or 20 minutes.

· 2 screws in front of the tires (front bottom of fender well 1 on each side)
· two plastic plugs (one on each side of grill openings by radiator)
· two plastic plugs (underneath holding on two bottom tabs on either side of heat exchanger)
· 4 screws (2 on each side) positioned even with the seam that runs underneath the headlights across to the fender well. These are actually nuts (I believe 10mm)

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I believe they stopped making it but I’ll ask anyway, where can I get that bra?

It has been obsolete and rare for quite a while. The kit is actually two pieces, but I never use the bumper cover unless I'm taking a road trip. At least the section on the hood looks pretty decent most of the time as-is. Keep your eyes on eBay since they come up from time to time. If it helps, the Ford p/n is/was 3R3Z-19A413-AA.

Caseindaplace

Established Member
I'm not sure if bumper removal is "required," but it sure does make the job a hell of a lot easier. Besides, removing the bumper is really not that difficult, so I would recommend it.

Now, that I think about it, part of the bracket goes behind the foam bumper insert. So, you might have to remove the bumper in order to remove the foam. Or you might have to trim the foam to get the bracket out. I removed everything so it came out easy.

Nice I will get on that, a little extra work but easier in the end

Caseindaplace

Established Member
Removing the bumper is easy and make the removal of the brackets extremely easy. I can have my bumper off in 15 or 20 minutes.

· 2 screws in front of the tires (front bottom of fender well 1 on each side)
· two plastic plugs (one on each side of grill openings by radiator)
· two plastic plugs (underneath holding on two bottom tabs on either side of heat exchanger)
· 4 screws (2 on each side) positioned even with the seam that runs underneath the headlights across to the fender well. These are actually nuts (I believe 10mm)

I will Most likely use this as a guide! Haha

Caseindaplace

Established Member
It has been obsolete and rare for quite a while. The kit is actually two pieces, but I never use the bumper cover unless I'm taking a road trip. At least the section on the hood looks pretty decent most of the time as-is. Keep your eyes on eBay since they come up from time to time. If it helps, the Ford p/n is/was 3R3Z-19A413-AA.

Thanks! I will keep my eyes peeled

Users who are viewing this thread